Chest and back pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chest and back pain

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 am

So I've been having severe pains (on top of usual ones) encircling my entire body - ribs to shoulders. I feel like I'm in a vice. No painkillers have touched it. I thought it was some severe fibro pain, but last night I got up in the middle of the night as I thought I was going to be sick, I wasn't. Instead I started coughing really badly and I had fresh red blood and then green nasty gunk. Am I right to think this isn't fibro related? I'm going to see my GP today but the earliest appt I could have is 6.36 pm.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Re: Chest and back pain

Postby fabme » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:38 am

Hi, that's defiantly not fibro, it sounds like a full blown chest infection, I have a chronic lung condition and I've had so many cheats infections n can spot them a mile off :lol:

The green gunk is the infected sputum coming out, the blood is usually down to the infection and coughing a lot but please don't just take my answer as so you must tell you're GP everything so he can check you out and get you on antibiotics :yikes: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: at the doctors

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 am

Completely agree with Fab, you need to get to the docs asap :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks. I'm off there at 6.30 this evening. Taking DH with me as if I can't describe it to proper effect to make my GP understand, then he'll take over if it looks like I'm being fobbed off.

No blood today, just vice like pain and a bit of coughing. Never had anything like it before in all my years of chest infections. bronchitis and asthma. Scared the life out of me! I assumed this pain was FM!

Will let you know how I get on.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 pm

How did you get on at the docs? :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Sorry! I thought I'd done an update - that's fibro fog for ya!

He did a peak flow test which was really good - but then I've been practising singing something for my friends birthday and it's really fast and doesn't allow for many breathing breaks so I've increased my lung capacity considerably! He thinks I burst a blood vessel in the back of my throat and that I have acid reflux. Completely ignored the pain and that I've had it for weeks. Cor he winds me up sometimes!
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 pm

glad to went to see gp thou
:wave:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems