My Dad

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Dad

Postby libby63 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Didn't quite know what to write in the subject box so just put my dad as this mainly relates to him at the moment. My dad has had a hip and knee replacement which is no biggy as he is 72 and was always a very active man so things were bound to wear down. Something though has come up while he was with his ortho surgeon as his hip replacement has become loose and he had be complaining of a lot of pain not necessarily related to his loose hip. While going through his medical and social history he mentioned that he was involved in testing the H bomb back in the 50's while he was in the Army. He is now undergoing a whole load of test via the surgeon to determine the amount of damage that may have been done and he also asked about his family and if any of us where affected with similar conditions.. My dad mentioned everything I have been suffering with over the last 10 years and that it has now been put down to Fibromyalgia.

Mmmm thoughts are running through both our minds as to if there is something more to my condition than just fibro but until he gets the results of these many test and body scans he is going through we will not know for sure if there is a link to both our conditions and if the H bomb testing could have anything to do with it. Will keep you all posted..

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Re: My Dad

Postby denys » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Interesting link Liz, disgraceful if it is related :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Keep us updated Liz. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 am

wow you would never think about something like that, coming out as a chance comment at the outpatients, hope you keep us posted

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:30 am

Please keep us posted Liz :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:07 pm

How worrying for you. Try not to though. :hugs:
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi Liz :hugs:
yeah please keep us updated

it is a worryibg thought
but as Nelly said

try not to worry to much now
when it comes out negative, you worried unnessessary and might trigger flare

should it come out possitive then is early enough time to start worrying
90 odd % of our worries never happen
will pray for you
:grouphug:
:blowkiss:
lu
Last edited by fibro-lu on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby libby63 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Well.. Dad is still having numerous tests and scans only when they are all completed that he will see his consultant again. My dad met up with his friend, my god father last week while they were talking he (my god father) said one of his daughters has Fibromyalgia my dad pricked his ears up lol not that I thought he ever took much notice of what my illness was called but, he obviously had. He commented that I have it too.. They were both involved in the H bomb testing.. getting more and more interesting. So I think I am going to do a little research of my own see what comes up.

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Keep hunting Liz :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 am

:goodluck1: on your research Liz. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

:wave:
keep us informed please
:wave:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7592911_use-cellfood.html

try if that works
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems