[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Delayed sleep phase syndrome

Delayed sleep phase syndrome

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Delayed sleep phase syndrome

Postby sleepyrich » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I came across Delayed sleep phase syndrome while looking up information on restorative sleep and after reading up on it I am pretty sure I have suffered with it since secondary school at least. I have pretty much adapted my life around accepting the fact my body naturally prefers to go to bed about 2am

For the past few months I have been going to bed at 2 am and probably been getting to sleep at 2:30 - 3am. I always wake up naturally without fail after 8 hours sleep, after being aware of the restorative sleep phase I worked out that if I go to sleep at 2:30 am then around 7am to 7:30 am is going to be around the same time as my body is in the 3 rd or 4th deep phase sleep. It is also that time when my wife will wake up, crash about getting ready for work, hair dryer on next to the bed etc.

I am wondering if its that which has caused me to have escalated symptoms permanently or if its caused a flare up for me.
sleepyrich

Re: Delayed sleep phase syndrome

Postby fabme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 am

It's interesting reading, but with fibro we don't actually reach the restoative sleep phase as we can't sleep because of the pain, we wake frequently in the night etc so whatever time we wake up we feel like we haven't been to sleep :evil: Also because we don't get into the restorative phase our body doesn't have the opertunity to recover and repair and we end up in a viscious circle :yikes:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby sleepyrich » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:55 am

I am talking about the lead up to me getting the lashing of symptoms, and if because I was constantly being disturbed at the same time in my sleep for a long period of time. I know now I wake up almost every hour due to either noise of some other pain or irritation, but I mean when I wasn't in pain, but then saying that now i think about it I have been wanting a new bed for about 3 years really because I thought it was bad for me and causing me loads of pains and aches when i woke up. Could it be that I have just had fibro all that time with mild symptoms?
sleepyrich

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:59 pm

hi rich

with the small amount of sleep i get
i really find it insulting :evil: :evil: :evil:
if someone wakes me up uncessessary

went on holiday and shared a room!!!!

nobody needs to tell me anything about alams clocks (reset for 3 times), nose blowing or hair dryers etc

just thinking about it (rooooaaaaarrrrr)

my alarm clock is my VIBRATING mobile

if you are not living together in a bedsit
explain your dear wife about the noyense (splelt it wrong)
and find a solution TOGETHER
there must be another room with mirror and plug in your home
if not create one

lu
Last edited by fibro-lu on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby sleepyrich » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks lulu, I will definatly look at changing. I think the way she sees it is tough, she has to get up for work like every normal person does so why should I still be in bed trying to sleep lol. Although now I am suffering she has been alot more considerate.

However at the moment she has been getting up at the same time but I have been going to sleep about 5am, and her getting up isn't bothering me much at all and I am feeling like I am getting a little better sleep even though I am now sleeping till 12 to 2pm!

I should really be going to bed no later than midnight and now I have my ami's will try and get into that routine, although as mentioned above for the past 25 years I have naturally been going to bed around 2am lol
sleepyrich

Postby tentimes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

I can't remember the last time I had any restorative sleep. I would give everything I own to be able to go to sleep and wake up feeling fresh the next morning ;)
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby sleepyrich » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:50 pm

sleepyrich

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems