someone drumming on ear drum

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

someone drumming on ear drum

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:39 pm

hi
has anyone experieced
i can only explain it like

someone (obvious) little is sitting in the outside of my ears and is playing bongos on my ear drums
not all the time
just sometimes
both ears
not at the same time (so far)

thanks
:tongueout:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Re: someone drumming on ear drum

Postby fabme » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Its nothing i've come accross with regard to fibro, I know tinnitus is ringing in the ears rather than drumming. Have you checked the info with your meds to see if it's a side effect, if not may be worth a visit to your GP to rule out ear infections/problem

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 pm

not had drums have ringing,engines like a motor ,
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 am

Me too, I have ringing not drumming :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wanda » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Fibro=lou
I get this all time and it pretty much started with this, then vertigo and vomiting. The drumming on the bongo is perfectly described now is have terrible intolerance to noise levels on all different counts on different days. it send my whole body into a tailspin and have to escape the noise, like the fear is horrible of the noise. i wear ear plugs a lot and hpnotherapy cd to try and relax and not think about it
also :wine: x
wanda
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 pm

I get the ringing in my ears, but not drumming, that must be awful. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi
No, i dont get any drumming. :dunno:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tamsin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 am

I have had this problem for a few years now and it sounds like i have a thunder storm rolling around in one ear which is a right pain in the butt especially when trying to sleep!!!!
I saw an E.N.T consultant and after a MRI scan (which was very scary) it seems the main blood vein which passes close to the ear drum is actually larger on the side which is noisy and that is why i can also hear my pulse. I was given some head exercises to do which didn't really help the problem (but did help with some of my balance issues). There was also some meds i tried but again not much help so now i have to put up with it.
I have discovered that if i breathe in long and slow with my mouth shut it does stop the noise for a few seconds!
I hope this info helps? :)
tamsin
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems