Is uncontrollable shaking symptom of FM?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is uncontrollable shaking symptom of FM?

Postby shar236 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:00 pm

A few months before I was diagnosed with FM I had a bit of a cold but felt very shivery hot one minuite then cold the next. That evening when I tried to sleep I had what felt like a fit, violently shaking unable to control my movements this left me very scared and thankfully it hasnt happened since. Could this be a symptom of FM as I forgot to mention it to my GP. Shar x
shar236
UKFM Newbie

Re: Is uncontrollable shaking symptom of FM?

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:21 pm

:wave: i shake and i know few others to (tremors)but you should get it checked out by drs. :fingerscrossed: you have it sorted soon
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby helen virgo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 pm

This certainly can happen particularly in times of flare up but if it happens again and it is a new symptom to you it would be better if you saw the doctor. It is all too easy to put everything down to fibro but its best to check with doc.
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 pm

I get it really bad when a bad bout of tonsilitis is on it's way but I also seem to shiver quite violently now too which is odd!
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi, I believe this type of shivering is called rigors which occure

"because cytokines and prostaglandins are released as part of an immune response and increase the set point for body temperature in the hypothalamus" ( Wikapedia ).

Apparently it's not unusual in cases of flue like symptoms and high fever and i only know what it was called as i spoke to someone on NHS direct about an EX - boyfriend who was having them during an exterrmly nast bout of flu. She told me how to treat him to keep him comfortable but, if i'd know he was going to be doing the dirty on me in a few months time.. i'd have let the Bas***d suffer. :evil:
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi
It could of been due to your cold but if it happens again then you should get it checked out, its best to get all new symptoms checked out just in case its not linked to fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems