Snoring

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Snoring

Postby wastedandworn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi there,

Do you snore??
My husband says I make some awful noises sometimes, almost like my airways are blocked :yikes:
I wondered if this is just something all of it's own or if it's a associated with the Fibro :?: :?: :)
wastedandworn
UKFM Member

Re: Snoring

Postby budda » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

LOOK OUT THERE IS A WOMAN SNORER !!! , sorry wastedandworm, normaly its the wifes who are going crazy :crazy: with there OH, am trying my hubby with ear plugs to night, he is the bad snorer, a friend told me to try this on him, I will let you know if it works. :wave: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Looking forward to hearing if they work budda as i will be off to buy the oh some.
He says i snore but i dont think so because he sleeps much more then me so i think :nono: :nono: :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ange » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Snore?

I have it on good authority that I make more noise than a rabid moose....

I have woken people up on the other side of a camp site, and since getting a new neighbour a few months ago,I have now discovered that she hasn't slept a wink since she moved here....which is a shame cos she's a nice neighbour and I'm sure it must be me keeping here awake..... :oops:

I do try to sleep on my side, knowing that I will stand a good chance of making a little less noise, and I do know when I'm on my back cos I wake myself up with the racket I make.... :lol:

Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby Lou1978 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:27 pm

I also snore and have woken myself up when my airway closes over and I briefly seem unable to breathe. My GP says I may be suffering from sleep apnea, however I am overweight and so I am deseparately trying to lose some weight in the hope that it helps with the snoring (before my hubby resorts to the couch to get a nights sleep) and also help me to feel better about myself.
Lou1978
UKFM Newbie

Postby fabme » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm

i'm told that i snore as well both in bed and even when i'm sat up in my armchair :yikes: the kids think it's very funny. I have narrow airways in my nose and my 6yr old little girl snores as well quite loudly but I think she has the narrow airways as well

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Emerald » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 am

I get rhinitus plus im a big lass and apparently I snore, never heard it myself so I think they are lying to cover up for themselves lol!
Emerald
UKFM Member

Postby georgina.hiam » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 am

Yes mate, I snore too very loudly I am told, I thought it was just me not the fibro lol, but to be fair my OH is exactly the same lOl

Georgie xx
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Postby Didz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:37 pm

My OH says I snore like a buzz saw. I get sleep apnoea too which makes him worry. He says if I stop snoring he has to wake me up because I've stopped breathing. He does worry a lot bless him.
Didz
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 pm

:lol: :lol: I couldn't help :lol: while reading this thread. Both I and my Boyfriend snore (although only I have fibro). my sister told me last year that sleeping with me in the room was like trying to sleep with a freight train going through the room! (I find it hard to believe that I snore that badly but at least I haven't woken myself up with it yet :D ) The only problem though that I also talk in my sleep so I don't know what I've said :dunno: (mind I can get out of it by reminding those around me that whatever you say it's normally rubbish!) :oops: .

Well good luck with the solutions guys (wait to know if the ear plug thing works).
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby LuRoll » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:57 pm

I don't snore, but apparently I sometimes scream, like a proper scream of terror. I have no idea I'm doing it though and apparently my Boyfriend was like "whats wrong?" then I blamed him for waking me up..... :lol:

Boyfriend does snore though, but only when he's falling asleep, so only in the lighter sleep phases. When he's properly asleep he doesn't snore at all.

I am certain he has rhinitus though, his nose is constantly blocked and he exibits other symptoms that scream rhinitus at me (my step sister has it pretty bad) but after reading about chronic snoring, I'm starting to think it's a form of sleep apnea. It sounds like his airways are blocked and he has to force the air in. Sometimes he'll be silent, like he isn't breathing then suddenly, a noise I can't even describe!. This suggests sleep apnea, but he'll never go to the Dr's. I can't wear earplugs because I just can't stick stuff in my ears, they go all hot and it just feels horrid. One day! ONE DAY! I will kick him until he goes to the Dr's!
LuRoll
UKFM Member

Postby Dizzymember » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

hi there, been told i snore, luckily i have no partner....lol also i mumble and talk...but so do both my kids. Also i get vivid nightmares! quite often wake up during, other times i have lovely dreams, then wake and get annoyed cos i didn't finish the dream....
Dizzymember
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems