FM and PREGNANCY

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FM and PREGNANCY

Postby lizbet » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:40 am

Hi everyone. I have'nt posted anything for ages but I read all your posts all the time. Ive had fibro for approx 10 yrs now and have gone
progressively worse and probably made worse by OA.
My question is does FM get much worse with pregnancy? My lovely daughter who's 22 is planning to try for her first baby and Im sure she
has fibro. Ever since shes been a young teenager she's had a lot of pain in her back and her legs and migraine type headaches. She suffers with ibs now and acid reflux and has a major problem with tiredness/exhaustion .
The docs have explained everything away over the years but last year one of our doctors mentioned cfs but when she pressed him on this he said just try and get on with your life and forget what he said!!
Over the past two years or so Ive been convinced she has fibro.
At the moment she manages to carry on more or less normally but seems to have typical flare ups but I worry what she.l be like if she gets pregnant. Just wondered if anyone has had experience of pregnancy in fm and could let me know what my daughter can expect.
I know she.s not been diagnosed and I know fm is a very individual illness affecting everyone differently but I would like to know what to expect. Obviously I am not going to mention this to her but if I know what shes up against I may be able to help her more.
Luv to you all and hope you're all having a relatively good day. :grouphug:
lizbet
UKFM Member

Re: FM and PREGNANCY

Postby denys » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:13 am

Hi Lizbet, this question has come up quite a few times and although I cant answer from a personal position, my 4 were prefibro I can tell you the jist from the other posts, some people have saif their fibro actually improved during pregnancy so :fingerscrossed: if your daughter does have FM this may be her experience too. Put pregnancy in the search box and you should bring up lots of posts for you to have a read through

:goodluck1: to your daughter and hope things go well for her :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm

As Denys has said there are quite a few posts about pregnancy that may be worth having a lool. :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: for your daughter

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby lizbet » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Thanks for your replies. I'll do the search and see what I can find out. :grouphug:
lizbet
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems