Weird symptoms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weird symptoms

Postby lrgatrell88 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 am

Does any one else feel like they r constantly thirsty? I drink litres of water each day, so much so that it makes me feel sick n I can't eat but I still feel thirsty. If I don't drink I feel light headed and get a headache. Is this normal? I've been to the drs who did a blood test which came back with nothing. Also my Tongue is really swollen. So much so that its really sore where it's catchin my teeth.
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: Weird symptoms

Postby budda » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

Hi Irgatrell,I do drink a lot of water, it could have something to do with your meds, but you should NEVER put anything you take down to FM, always get checked out by your GP.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:42 am

I'm constantly thirsty and drink a lot more than I used to as well. Mine is due to the meds according to my GP. I agree with budda about you having it checked out, esp with you saying your tongue is swollen and sore in places, rather than just thinking it's an FM thing, just to put your mind at ease and have any other possible causes ruled out.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:45 am

Definitely get this checked out, being thirsty due to your meds is common and I think most of us have that but with other symptoms as well you need to double check as Flup and Budda have said :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 pm

i seem to have every know symptom of this flipping condition , but not exesive thirst i agree get it checked
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:50 pm

:wave: me too when I wake my tongue and mouth is sooo dry you could strike a match on my tongue :lol: OH says it's cause I snore too much :shock:

Mines down to meds which is pretty common, it make be your GP did a random blood suger test which isn't 100% accurate as it will depend on what you've eaten/drunk in the couple of hours before the test. If you are still drinking exxcesivly it would be worth going back to see your GP and see if he will do a fasting blood suger where you starve overnight and up to the test then have the test done so gives a more accurate result or a glucose tolerence test where you starve overnight until the test they then take a blood sample and you have to drink lucozade (yuk) and go back after a length of time and have a repeat blood test done and this shows how you body deals with a high shot of glucose

Just some thoughts that you could take along when you next see your GP

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby aok41 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:34 am

I hate this! i think it might be due to meds. My kids laugh when it happens to me! I gradually lose the ability to speak as my mouth dries up, and they think its hilarious that i can stick my tongue to my teeth!! You must get your tongue checked though as soon as you can :fingerscrossed:
aok41
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems