Muscles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscles

Postby Angel777 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 pm

I have been developing what i would describe as dimples around my joints as if the muscles are reducing , I can now see my knee joints and wrist joints etc. hollows above my cheek joints appeared.
I have been seeing the GP regularly and have shown her that my legs are now quite lumpy in appearance too, and she says all is ok it happens , had seen another Gp about this before moving too and he said its all ok , have had blood tests etc and nothing showing . I was a little concerned it may be muscle wastage due to the Fibro being muscles throughout and they don't get the nutrients they need . Anyone else get this ?
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Re: Muscles

Postby Adele » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 pm

hi angel,

i haven't heard of this. have you lost weight? are you slightly built?
also have you decreased activity which could result in loss of muscle mass?

if you have lost weight it could be a loss of fat around your joints :dunno:
next time you see your gp ask them to explain to you what they think is going on.

if something is concerning you, you need to know what is going on so that
you have peace of mind.

best wishes. please keep us posted when you find out what is going on.

adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: Muscles

Postby fabme » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:57 pm

When we have fibro and flares our mobility/activity reduces more in some than others resulting in resting a lot either in chairs or in bed. The less we use our muscles they do become deconditioned and start to waist away causing us to rest more and thus end up in a vicious circle :yikes: My GP warned me of this when he diagnosed me saying that even though it's hard to try and keep active

This is one idea others may have a better answer but it's worth checking it out with your GP

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems