headache or migraine??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

headache or migraine??

Postby cherryblossom » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi All, sorry I've not been on lately, my internet's been down! Anyway, missed you all like mad!But I wonder if you can help me (again! sorry!) Last night I was taken to hospital with what I can only imagine is a migraine.
I was fine up til teatime, had done nothing unusual in the day nor eaten anything odd then my head started with a fierce throbbing that within 15 miutes was so painful I could scream! It got even worse by which time I went to bed but I felt sick and very faint/dizzy with any movement and I had a sort of buzzing - white noise like a telly gone fuzzy in my ears and I could feel prssure in my ears. OH phoned nhs direct who said go to hospital. Horrible journey.
Was seen very quickly, everything ok but blood pressure high for me, I have very low bp. But after 2 1/2 hrs it suddenly started clearing and I resumed to feeling much better, except very tired.
Any ideas anyone? I've had one similar before which the doc thought may be a migraine but I don't know. The hospital said I ought to let him know. Does it sound like a migraine or something else? I know to see my doc anyway, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had anything like this?

Sorry, just wanted to say thanks for your support and any ideas you have. Take care. All the best. Cherry :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: headache or migraine??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:29 pm

I wouldn't like to guess what type of headache it is Cherry. Based on what you've said, intensity-wise it sounds like what I have to deal with when I have a migraine, along with the sickness and dizzyness, I also have the buzzing and the feeling of pressure in my ears.

However, a few years ago, when we were going thru lean times and OH was out of work, he had what he was told was a really bad tension headache, which sounded very similar to what you've described. Another possibility could be with you saying your blood pressure was high, what you've described is also a known symptom of that as well :dunno: :dunno:

I think it would be worth going to see your doc and tell him about the trip to A&E, just to be sure :? :? :shock: :shock: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you don't have another one :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:05 am

aw poor cherry :hugs:

migraine is the most horrible thing, i tend to get mine behind the eye's
i can have pressure in my ears at any time though, even without bad head
blood pressure can be nasty to so yes defo talk to your GP
glad it went away quite quickly for you though :hugs: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby cnedra73 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi I'm ne to this forum, but what you have described sounds exactly what I get. Did your vision go funny or your speach slured? these things also occur with me. The neuroligist i have seen has informed me mine are migraines. Have a chat to your doctor and get them checked out because sometimes the stress of one comming on can cause one to become worse. :goodluck2:
cnedra73
UKFM Member

Postby laurahill » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 am

I have always suffered from migraines for last 2 years..and I cured successfully with the help of meditation and yoga...I have also heard that lavender oil is good way to treat migraines.
laurahill
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems