Neurophysiology tests. Eeek.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neurophysiology tests. Eeek.

Postby KellyBelly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi :wave:

My parathesis has been getting a lot worse recently, so my (rather fabulous) GP (I know, I'm lucky - I got a good one!) has referred me back to a neurologist. So I had my appointment letter through today, and I am to have Electromyography and Nerve Conduction Investigations......I have stupidly googled this and have now got myself a tad nervous! I realise that pain is relative and that we all respond to things differently.....but I was wondering if any of you guys have had these tests before and if you could (honestly) tell me how you were with them. The information the hospital have sent me states that the muscles that are tested could be sore afterwards - which makes me think it'll probably be twice as bad for a fibro sufferer!

Any honest opinions will be really appreciated!!

Thank you :blowkiss:
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Re: Neurophysiology tests. Eeek.

Postby tonydin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm

had those tests never felt a thing honest did no show any thing either
take care
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 pm

:wave: i had it and it def didnt hurt needles were very fine ,and i hate needles :yikes: they put them in place then you may feel little tingles i didnt and my test came back normal :roll: dont get in a state as it will make condition worse
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby tonydin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 pm

:crazy: :crazy: thats 2 of us then nutty :lol: :wave:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:55 pm

hi kelly,

i found the test hurt moderately. it doesn't last long though and there were no after effects.

imagine a bikini wax - it's like that. short and sharp. waxes and emg tests make me laugh rather than cry.

i had it done in my leg, wrist and along my spine. the results were normal.

the experience was ok and if i need another one i will have it. it is a quick and simple test.

:blowkiss: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 pm

I had them and didnt feel anything, only thing that was a little strange was seeing my muscles jump about, my husband practically wet himself as my leg sort of jerked and very nearly connected with the consultant carrying out the tests :yikes: :yikes: :oops: :oops: Dont get worried about them as then you are going to be stressed and tense and we all know what that can do :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:40 am

Hope everything goes well for you :goodluck1: :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems