mri scan - not carpal tunnel but spinal issues

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

mri scan - not carpal tunnel but spinal issues

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:56 am

:wave: Hi All of you. I'm feeling a bit nervous and scared now. For a few years I've had numbness in my right hand. I have seen a few doctors who all reckond it was carpal tunnel. When I saw a consultant before christmas he wanted an mri scan as he thought it may be my neck as I had some serious injuries when I was in my teens.

Well, phoned up last week to ask if they had the results back yet and was promptly given an appointment for today! Off I went with OH in tow. The results say that I have severe arthritis in my neck and two bulging discs which are pressing on my main nerves causing numbness in both hands, one most of the time, as well as my feet and some minor incontinence :oops: . It may also be the reason for my odd headaches I've had and the fainitng episodes I've had! I am now waiting to see a neurosurgeon who will decide what to do, basically do I need surgery or not and I might need more than one and of course it carries risks.

They told me I am very young for this, I'm 39.
I'm pleased I know now what it is but could really do without it on top of fibro. :needhug:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: mri scan - not carpal tunnel but spinal issues

Postby denys » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 am

Wow, big difference between CT and your spine :goodluck1: with the appointment, hope they can do something for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: mri scan - not carpal tunnel but spinal issues

Postby budda » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:36 am

Hope everything works out for you :goodluck1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems