Too Hot

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Too Hot

Postby scartlass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi all
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last march after 3 years of tests, I also have an under active thyroid, what I would like to ask is, I have been feeling really hot and sweaty off and on for a long time, but recently it’s been very day, it gets worse when I move around, and at other times I feel so cold I just can’t get warm. I have had my thyroid checked, and also checks to see if I was starting the menopause but all came back ok, is it anything to do with the fibro? My Dr is very understanding but I don’t think he knows that much about Fibromyalgia. If anyone can help that would be great
:roll:
scartlass
UKFM Member

Re: Too Hot

Postby denys » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 pm

We say we have broken thermostats so we feel either extremely cold or extremely hot and sweaty at the most inappropriate times so yes it can be another symptom of FM and as long as you have had everything else checked out its probably that. Sorry no advice as to what to do except wear light layers and then if you are too hot you can remove them and if too cold add them :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby scartlass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Denys, thank you for ur reply, I suppose it will save on the gas bill :|
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:29 pm

I've got a broken thermostat as well, so you're not on your own with it. Like denys has said, happens at the most inappropriate times :facepalm: :facepalm:

And :welcome: to the forum as well :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scartlass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Thank you, i have noticed when my friends come round they keep their coats on, while i'm sitting there sweating, with the windows open :crazy:
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby monkeysuncle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:54 pm

I have awful hot flushes, I find it really embarassing, especially in freezing weather. I do feel the cold though especially in my legs and feet. My choir couldn/t believe it on christmas eve, when I had to get my scarf around my neck I was absolutely frozen and the church was 70 degrees!! I wish I could find an answer. I had not realised it was part of the fibromyalgia symptoms - just thought it was my age :yikes:
monkeysuncle
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:26 pm

hi :wave:
i am having the cold bit at the mo
been like this for about 2 weeks.
but my hands and feet can just get very hot and feel
swollen, but they are not :crazy: :yikes:

hope you are feeling cooler now :lol: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems