Does anyone here have pbc?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone here have pbc?

Postby gillimarie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm

:wave: Hi was origionaly told about 6 years ago that I had ME and possibly FM then had a diagnosis last year of PBC. Now even though the pain is getting worse, even with amitriptiline, The doctors seem to be saying to me you have a diagnosis so we are not going to explore anything else. Its SO frustrating.
gillimarie
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone here have pbc?

Postby denys » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Sorry no I dont Gillimarie and dont know a lot about the condition so cant offer you any advice hope someone with more experience will be along soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillimarie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:12 pm

PBC is just another autoimmune disorder that attacks the bile ducts in your liver :? . I have been on amitriptiline for pain for about a year but does not seem to be working anymore :|
I have finaly managed to get someone to listen to me and I am off to see a rheumatologist next week hoping to find out what is going on my Gp does suspect FM so hoping to get meds sorted soon x
gillimarie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:14 pm

:goodluck1: :goodluck1: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: with your appointment :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 am

:goodluck1: with getting your meds sorted, hope everthing goes well for you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby gillimarie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanx :D Looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time, last consultant neurologist I saw, told me I Was overweight and just needed a prescriprion for the gym and a diet sheet! :evil: I think I cried all the way home.

:fingerscrossed: I will get some answers this time x
gillimarie
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:13 am

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: why are these poeple so cruel, do they forget that we are in pain, hope you get some answers soon :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Sorry Gill i cant help either :goodluck1: with your app. Keep us updated. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillimarie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Well if you didn't know anyone who had pbc and fibromyalgia....you do now :lol: Diagnosed today so have been recommended some medications to talk to my GP about and being referred for cognitive behaviour therapy :crazy: :woot:
gillimarie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems