Can anyone relate to this?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can anyone relate to this?

Postby Lostspirit » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 am

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum.

I have had Fibro & CFS for about 12 years now. Soon after becoming ill I started to suffer from Claustrophobia. I had never suffered from it before and it started when I was on an aeroplane. Now I can't go on trains either. It is not so much small places it is the fear of being "trapped" or locked in so it could be a large space but as long I know where the exit is and I can get out easily I'm ok. Do you think this is something to do with having Fibro/CFS?

My other symptoms at present are -
Chronic sore throat
Chronic pain in my joints, muscles
Nausea/dizzyness - makes me very clumsy
TMJ - horrendous face/head pain that can last for days
I could go on but I don't want to bore you!

Any info would be much appreciated. :dogchasecat1:
Lostspirit
UKFM Newbie

Re: Can anyone relate to this?

Postby denys » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi Lostspirit I dont think its related particularly to FM or CFS, maybe you should visit your GP for some help, maybe you are becoming over anxious and I know that can be an FM symptom and perhaps one of the talking therapies may help :fingerscrossed: you get some help soon to get over this :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 pm

hi :wave:
i agree with denys, think you mite benefit from talking to someone about it.
GP is best place to start :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 am

:wave: i get it ,but :dunno: if its related .are you stressed or panicky ,that can trigger it .like others say see your dr. :fingerscrossed:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby sjc » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am

Hello. I have fms aswell autism and mild bipolar. I have noticed since I have become ill, I get anxious in places where I cannot escape and when I'm alone. For example, one problem I get anxious over is my bedroom is really small... on a bad day, I cannot sleep in there as it is so enclosed in. Exposure therapy is best for those with phobia or anxiety disorders, but you have to make sure the therapy is highly structured, goal based and practical....sadly, the nhs is not always the best when treating those with anxiety issues, but still try and get support. Have you been referred to a pyscologist by your gp...perhaps a referral to your local mental health route may help. Take care. Xxxx
sjc
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems