Reoccurring Shingles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Reoccurring Shingles

Postby Moo Moo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:54 am

And bad typing - meant to say "shingles for years" thought you'd be thinking "One blister" lol x take care xxx
Moo Moo
UKFM Member

Postby h.louise » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:05 am

Thank you Karen.

Its reassuring to hear of somebody else who has had it over and over. Was beginning to worry that i was the only one and something was really wrong. Will try the viniger and see how it goes. The doctor has said that he has to see the rash before he will give me the tablets so i can never really catch it before it comes out. Next time i have problems i will say that ive heard the quicker i get the tablets the better and see what he says. Its like he doesnt want to part with them.

You really have put me at ease thank you. I know how bad mine look and how painful it is so i really do sympathize with you :hugs:

Will go and get the vinigar today :D will try anything once!

Thanks again. :blowkiss:
h.louise
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 am

maybe a reputable herb shop ,or if you not gettin anywhere just go to drs.explain to receptionist why you are there and you want see dr now :?: or even hospital :fingerscrossed: you get relief soon :blowkiss: :hugs:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby h.louise » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Well . . . its come up again and in process of giving apple cider vinigar a go. So fed up! Im in agony, i cant sit on my right bum cheek so im sat on my left side and thats made my left hip sore. So now im lyed on my front. Im in my final year of uni and the deadlines are this week and im trying to work on my front, but my back and shoulders are starting to hurt from being in this position. I need a break just a little one, is that really too much to ask. Ive been that drven to do my degree, all the way thro i have pushed myself and battled with this horrible demon that is fibro and not that i am at the end its raised its head and decided its not going to let me do it. Im fighting a loosing battle and cant cope any more!! Just one thing after an other. Ive not even got the energy to fight any more. Ive already got extensions after extensions for the work and i cant get any more. I can feel the fibro haze settling down on me, not got the strengh to fight it :cry:

H

x
h.louise
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi H, :fingerscrossed: the apple cider vinegar will work for you and you'll get some peace ready to finish your work and collect your degree :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: you've come this far dont let it beat you now sending some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: your way :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Moo Moo » Sat May 07, 2011 12:35 am

Hiya chic xx

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time of it x it really is a vicious circle and the problem is all the stress you are under with uni and the stress you will be under with the fibro will just be making the shingles worse and so on and so on. If your Dr is being so unhelpful I really would change - ring around, speak to the surgery manager and ask to speak to one of the Dr's and question them about there understanding of Fibro and shingles and don't sign up till you find one that you are happy with x

I hope the Apple Cider Vinegar has started to help - I've found a good one in sainsburys that helped me xx

Maybe you should also get some leaflets about shingles next time you are at the Dr to give to some of your friends as it is not contagious per say! Someone who has never has chickenpox could get that from shingles but everyone who has had chickenpox carries the shingles virus just somepeople don't get the symptoms. Lucky them!!

Hope you are starting to feel better, let us know how you are we are all here to support you xx

Gentle Hugs xxxx
Moo Moo
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems