Costocrondritis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Costocrondritis

Postby Char1otteBrown » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 am

Hi, I'm new to this site and it is a welcome sight to see the help given by fellow sufferers. I was diagnosed with Fibro four and a half years ago. Now I have developed Costocrondritis. Someone told me that there is a link between the two. Is there anyone out there that like me, suffers from both and how do they cope.
Char1otteBrown
UKFM Newbie

Re: Costocrondritis

Postby viota » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 am

i suffer from both and with me as well.Its agony but i learned to cope with the Costocrondritis.I also take solpadeine.I advise to wear loose clothing as tight clothing will hurt.Also i find wearing a bra hurts so i dont.
viota
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:15 am

There are quiet a few of us on here who suffer with it, so you're not alone with it. I have it flare up occasionally, like today, breathing is very agonising, but unfortunately essential, so today's not going to be brilliant :facepalm: :facepalm:

Oh and :wave: :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Char1otteBrown » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks for the quick response guys. I've only had Costo since Nov and after two visits to the hospital it was diagnosed. Those attacks were sereve and lasted just a few hours. But I woke on wed to another attack and it hasn't eased since. Luckily I always wear loose clothing etc. The doctor perscribed Solpadol but it doesn't kill the pain. I don't like to moan and I put up with a lot but this is just ridiculous. What are your coping methods?
Char1otteBrown
UKFM Newbie

Postby viota » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:26 am

wearing loose clothing.i have had it constantly it hasnt gone away since november.
viota
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Hiya yep i suffer from costo aswell, i find putting a pillow under my rib cage area at night helps the pain and discomfort a bit but it's always there. Underwire bras are a no no aswell :( :(
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Yes here too, resting up and not trying to do too much, loose clothing, hot water bottle and having support round my back when lying down, or more like sitting half upright :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sunflower » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 am

Hi

I also suffer with this, first started October and settled down a little but another big flare up since January and still there now. I find sticky heat pads help a little when you arent at home and microwave heat pad at home - does anyone else have any other suggestions ??

Sunflower x :dogrun1:
sunflower
UKFM Member

Costocrondritis

Postby lrgatrell88 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:35 pm

I have this aswell. It's not nice is it. I was prescribe this gel stuff to put on ( I can't remember the name) but it doesn't work :( x
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby Char1otteBrown » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:41 am

Well, I had another attack that lasted 6 hours. I was in extreme pain, hot, clammy and I was violently sick. The painkillers didn't work and I ended up in A & E. They were, as ever, brilliant and I was seen really qickly even though they were really busy. Well done NHS.
This morning I'm tired and drained but at least this attack is over (till the next one).
Thanks to everyone who has replied to me on this matter. I already go braless with baggy clothes as I have trouble dressing because of the Fibro pain. Any advice is welcome and personal encounters are also welcome because then at least I know that I'm not alone.
Char1otteBrown
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm

With the flare up ending with a trip to A&E, it might be worth a trip to see your gp to see if there is something you can do or be given to help with the costo.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Char1otteBrown » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:33 pm

I had literally just visited the doctors (on Thursday) to discuss. Prescribed painkillers, told to stop smoking (Cut down from 40 to 15, with view to quit) and eat more veg (which I have phobia about, allergic to fertizers and pestasides from childhood). So I'm doing all I can. I think that I over did it on Sat and paid the price yesterday. Lesson learnt. I'll stay at home, housebound and I'll act like a cripple with no life. I'll let the house collect dust and I'll stop cooking. Maybe then it will go away lol.
Char1otteBrown
UKFM Newbie

Postby merissa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:45 pm

costo is a nightmare, went to A and E twice and was diagnosed with costro, I had this for 6 months as well as other symptons, I have been to a chiropracticor, which I felt even the slightest touch caused me pain, I can not wear anything that is tight, I found hot showers/ sauna/ help but then I am exhausted. My rib pain sternum is becoming less painfull but it still flares up and last for hours. I have thought about accuppunture, to see if that helps, any body else tried this? My costro started after a violent sneeze and then I started having reflux issues but no acid. I do try to distract myself from my pain, but sometimes its difficult, i dont take pain killers as i felt this didnt help but doing moderate exercise and reading helps me, I Have had numerious of test as costro mimics heart problems and acid reflux, although proffessionals involved have been great, its been no fun having a angiagram and a endoscopy, as costro was on the back burner until other issues was ruled out. Does any body have breathing problems, I seem to have ashma like symptons, with no wheezing :?: I have had a lovely day today my costro has been at a level I can cope.
well at rhumatologist tomorrow, hoping for a conclusion to all my issues.
thanks for reading
merissa
merissa
UKFM Newbie

Postby Elsbeth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 am

My goodness, my mum has just had this and she was told a few years ago she has very mild FM...I shall be telling her this later on
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems