Trapped nerve in back?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trapped nerve in back?

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I think i have a trapped nerve in my back, it's agony :( it was twinging a few days ago then yesterday I woke in agony and had to ring hubby to come home from work. It's like a very sharp stabbing pain when I move in certain positions, it aches the rest of the time with some 'tingling' and like a numb feeling.

Does it sound like a nerve? Any magic remedies? x

(Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk)
I have Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, HMS, Psoriatic Arthritis & Endometriosis. Yep I dont do it by halves!!

Mummy of 2 beautiful children My hubby is my rock!
MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Re: Trapped nerve in back?

Postby wanda » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi I get this a lot and have to wear a lidocain patch. The release aneasthetic slowly to relieve the pain and can wear up to 4 at once but you need to break off them for 12 hours. They do help buy my worst attack was just before christmas the pain was worse than my 72 labour and it was the worse numbness and tinglin i have ever had. i couldnt feel anything from the waist down and got taken to a and 3 on gas and air. (Im allergic to all other pain killers apart from paracetamol) they said it was my coxy . i know its nerve pain as i have had back pain before fm and its nothing at all like this. anyway its comes and goes up my spine and neck. its not pleasant so ask your doc for the patches.
wanda
UKFM Member

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks for that wanda i'll ask my GP, I was thinking of going buying some of those heat patch things in the meatime. Its so bloody painful isnt it, hope it sorts itself out soon! How long do they usually take to sort out or is that like asking 'how long is a piece of string?' lol! x
I have Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, HMS, Psoriatic Arthritis & Endometriosis. Yep I dont do it by halves!!

MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 pm

hi cherry
sounds very painful :(
see your GP asap, if its worse over weekend go to A&E.

hope it eases up soon for you :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm just resting lots, it seems to have eased a little (touch wood!) although that could be all the pain relief lol!! Thanks x :hugs:

MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 am

hope things are a little easier today :hugs: :flowers:

:cat2: x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems