m.e. is destroying my life. any ideas please?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

m.e. is destroying my life. any ideas please?

Postby Adele » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:58 am

hi fibromites,

i have had fibro for years as alot of you know that became very bad after a car accident 4 years ago today. :!: anyway, i developed m.e. at the end of 2009 following a general anaesthetic.

this week is particularly bad. i can hardly stand up, i can't wash or get dressed and i'm too exhausted to eat or drink much. i can't even bare sitting up or using my wheelchair.

i'm slightly concerned that the sedation i had last friday for a gastroscopy has made the m.e. worse. i was given 5mg iv midazolam, the maximum dose for a healthy adult. i am a small woman and i am not particularly healthy. combine that with the long list of drugs i take it's no surprise my blood pressure was low afterwards and i had to hang around to be observed.

the thought that this is going to be a permanent reaction again is scary. i don't think i should see a doctor as there seems to be nothing else to try. any ideas anyone please?????????????

thanks, adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: m.e. is destroying my life. any ideas please?

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas but wanted to give a :hugs: and not leave your message unanswered.

The only thing I can say is that I do think it's worth seeing a Dr - at least get the reaction to this drug checked out in case it needs to go on your medical records that you can't be given it, it may be that they can reassure you that the reaction can sometimes take a while to go but that it will go if that makes sense?

I really hope you feel better soon and that someone more knowledgable about these things can come and help you out.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Julie. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:04 am

Hi Adele,
I too had to answer you post as quite concerned and worried about you.
Please get in touch with your Gp and get yourself checked out to see if anything else is going on here.
I say that as i too have ME as well as FM and have other health problems too.

What i will say is that i had a General Anaesthetic some time ago now for a Gynae problem and i told the anaesthetist that i couldn't tolerate morhine and was given pethadine instead which also caused a very bad flare for weeks afterwards. It did settle eventually a little.

I too developed FM after a bad car accident too and a virus similar to meningitis left me with ME.

Can i just send you some very gentle hugs too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and to say that i am thinking of you and hoped that i have helped just a little.
Take care. :flowers:
Take one day at a time. Tomorrow will wait.
Julie.
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 am

Hi Adele, definitely see you GP even if it is just to get your reaction on your notes then at least they should look at possibly lowering the dose if they have to give you sedation again :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 am

thank you for your replies. i'm just frustrated and fed up of being stuck in bed.

adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am

I know the feeling :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby viota » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:11 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :grouphug: [chocolate]
viota
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems