[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Can't taste some foods properly

Can't taste some foods properly

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can't taste some foods properly

Postby ouchisme » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Evening all hope all is fairly well with u all

Lately ive noticed that my taste sensations seem to b dulled. Certain foods/brands i can hardly taste. Dus any1 else have the same thing happening?
A bit daft q, but was told that it doesnt matter the q if ppl can help they will do. Thanx so much 4 listening and hope to hear from members soon.
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: Can't taste some foods properly

Postby Adele » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:29 pm

good evening!

i have the same problem. i have always been very particular about my coffee - it has to be just right. recently i have had to use twice as much instant in each mug. everything tastes blander than it used to.

i blame my medication. taste sensation is conducted by nerves to the brain, i think, :dunno: and drugs like lyrica and gabapentin suppress nerve conduction. therefore my pseudo science says i need my coffee twice as strong.

:coffee1: the confessions of a coffee addict xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 pm

i cant taste much either ,think its meds
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Me too blame the meds :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

thanx so much for the replies adele and nutty1

I thought u i was having a :? moment. it does make sense bout the tabs. soz if typing strange using my daughters netbook. little qwerty keyboard is v cramped for my to type properly :crazy: hope u r both fairly this evening x
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:07 pm

i am off my little head on medication because i hurt. still hurt but chilled out in a :crazy: kind of way.

who needs :wine: ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

adele :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:25 pm

hi :wave:
i can be like that sometimes, but not all the time :roll:
have to say though, i am very funny with meats, pork, beef, well all really :roll:
i will have a little bit and i sometime like and OK with it but mostly its yuck!
only since having fibro :roll:

no question is daft, if something is bothering you, then just ask :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:43 am

i`m same loubie,oh picks out meat cause i just dont fancy anything .think yuk !!as for off your head adele ,i`m like it without meds at the mo :lol: :lol:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi
Same here, taste buds all over the place, they have been for a long time now, i blame it on fibro and the meds. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 pm

afternoon all

Had a drs appt this morn and explained the lack of taste of foods and the metalic feeling i have in my mouth. Thank god he knows about fibro otherwise i would have looked a bit :crazy:
He totally agrees with u all who posted, that its a common complaint from people with fibro and also it could b a side affect from diff tabs that we take.
Hope that all who have looked in on this topic are coping with their pain levels and have a good day :hugs:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info ouchisme. :flowers:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems