what on earth was this

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what on earth was this

Postby tonydin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 pm

hi all i am seeing doc tomorow( befor you gang up on me :lol: ) last night i was feeling ok ish then sat down at laptop :pcsmash: ,and all of asudden whooo feeling like someone had crossed 2 battery leads ( creackling and sizzerling) hit me in both ears and the sparking feeling shot right across the top of my head fealt like my whole skull was about to cave in and was going to black out :yikes: :yikes:
onlylasted 5 secs but fealt ill afterwords.
all night i had really vivid luced dreams whith such fine detial in them,
woke this morning with the head ach from hell , fealt my ears and head was going to explode , have had a bit of this happen befor but nothing as bad as this, now i still have a bad head ach tonight.
dont know if its anything to do with fibro ore eye or ear problem but fealt like something deep in the brain
worried about driveing and seeing doc ( not my usual one ) now
tony
Last edited by tonydin on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonydin
UKFM Member

Re: what on earth was this

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:05 pm

I've had similar things like what you've described tony. The lucid dreams I've had have been down to changing meds or increasing dosage. The creaking and cracking I have is down to a neck injury, it sometimes feels like it's about to snap, and headaches are down to migraines. Don't know if anything I've said is of any help, but you're doing the right thing going to see the dr to get things checked out. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: your appt goes well with the different doc :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm

hi flupp no this was more like a loud sparking crackling i the ears that spread right across the head very scary at the time. whats worrying me is i still have the head ach today
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Don't know about the crackling tony, can't recall having that sort of sound/sensation I'm afraid :dunno: :dunno: Headachewise, I've got a constant one which gets worse when my neck flares up, I can only guess that whatever happened yesterday has left you with a bit of an after effect :dunno: :dunno: Sounds a bit like something electrical short circuiting?? Has the headache changed at all thru the day?? (Eased, got worse, changed position in your head or anything??)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:32 pm

no just a bad head ach tight around the skull my neck was bad yesterday and today which like you gives me headach , the sensation may be coincidence , well see what he rekons to morow
thanks
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Wish I could be more help Tony, hope tomorrow brings you some answers and relief :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Tony, I cant help you with this one sorry, never had anything like you describe. Yes the horrible headaches but not the sensation in the brain. I get a sensation in my foot that feels like you are standing to close to an electricity source such as a fridge or freezer,like a buzzing but yours sounds terrible and I agree with Flup you are definitely doing the right thing getting it checked out and :fingerscrossed: it will be something simple :goodluck1: with your appointment let us know how you get on :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Tony
I was thinking it sounded like a migraine as i get that, my ears crackle as well and sometimes feel blocked.
:goodluck1: at the docs hope they help. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 pm

hi shaze my wife reckons it seemed like some sort of migrian , i also had balance probs to day as well??
it is easeing a bit now , concerned me cause the one thing i dont normaly get is headaches as bad as this
i think with fibro everything else seeems much worse than it would without if you understand what i mean
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:54 am

It could be migraine-related tony, they do seem to come hand-in-hand with fibro. Plus if you've got any stresses/worries bubbling away, that could be adding to things as well :dunno: :dunno:

See what the doc says tomorrow :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm

hi and thanks for your repies doc was very thourgh and ok ( i ditched him some years ago cause he refused see any one about anxity ?) checked eyes and cirulation all he could find was a small heart murmer that was looked at in 2006 and shown to be harmless age related hardning of one of the valves.
he thinks it could well have been migrian related and said wqith fibro its not only pain thats amplified but any sensations we may have in the body as well,, normal people may have hardley noticed it , but to me it feels a major thing.
blood preassure was up on the higher reading , but seeing own doc next week for a med review any way.

head ach almost gone now ,,, i think he made a good point any odd body sensation has always seemed a big deal for me , thats why i cant stand being drunck or sick
cheers everyone
tony :wave:
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Sounds like he listened to you Tony, glad it's starting to ease off now. Wouldn't wish a migraine on anyone but my most ardent arch nemesis :shock: :?

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems