Fibro and the Dentist! Help please??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and the Dentist! Help please??

Postby Moo Moo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has found this a bad combination like me? Went to the dentist just after Nine this morning and I had to have a cracked white filling which had been behaving sensitive, removed and replaced. The procedure was ok and when I got home I fell asleep (as I do) but woke up feeling terrible, both my legs where killing me and I didn't know which hand to put my stick in. I am in so much pain all over, worse than ever - is there a connection to my dental procedure and this flare up. Any help would be appreciated x thanks xxx :fingerscrossed:
Moo Moo
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro and the Dentist! Help please??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 pm

It's possible it could be related to your trip to the dentist, esp if you were at all worried about going, unfortunately it's difficult to say definitely what has made you feel like this :facepalm: :facepalm:

It things don't start to settle in a few days, or how you're feeling is much worse or very different to what you would normally experience, then it might be worth contacting your gp, just for peace of mind :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Moo Moo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks for your reply x
I was fine going into the dentist and coming out apart from being very shaky - strange cause I haven't ever been anxious about the dentist and didn't feel it at the time. I have been extremely fatigued for the past week and my right leg has been bad but usually if my left leg hurt I just move it and the pain eases but now it isn't I'm worried that my mobility is getting worse - I'm really scared actually x back at the Dr's tomorrow so will see how that goes x Can some symptoms of each flare end up staying with you cause that's how mine seems cause since last time my other leg has just stayed like this or am I just in one big long flare up?
Thanks x sorry if not making much sense but very upset at the moment x K xxx
Moo Moo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

As you're finding, there's nothing straigh forward about this illness. You could be in one long flare, I've had them last for months at a time :facepalm: :facepalm: At other time I've had one after the other, with no easing in between, leaving me feeling much worse and in a lot more pain than I had been previously. What I think I'm trying to say is that, based on what I've experienced, it does seem like that some parts of a flare can stay with you, esp after a very bad one.

Try not to worry about your appt tomorrow as that can add to how you're feeling. Tell your gp exactly what you're feeling and going thru, or write it down if you think you might forget some things, it could be that your meds need a bit of a tweak or change :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 am

:wave: i think personally fm makes you more anxious .i never used be bothered bout dentist but last couple years find i dont want to go or not relaxed like used be ,think like flups says could be flare def mention it to your dr.tomorrow :fingerscrossed:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems