dermatographia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dermatographia

Postby Adele » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:23 am

does anyone else have dermatogaraphia? i heard that there may be a link to fibro. it usually starts in your 20's but can happen from birth as in my case. any treatment suggestions would be welcomed. :wave:
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: dermatographia

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 pm

I go through stages of itchy skin but dont have it every day. :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 pm

hi :wave:
i get lots of itchy skin but only now and again, lasts for about 2 weeks then just goes away
for a while, but will always come back :roll:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 pm

:wave: ,i`m like shaz @loubie ,drives me nuts :lol: :lol: :crazy:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:33 pm

do you get the skin writing? when i was a child it was alot worse and i only had to be touched and it would leave a raised impression of the mark. now, if my skin is rubbed, knocked or scratched, it burns, turns red and then i get raised white wheals.

it can stop me moving joints, particularly my fingers, but also affects my mucous membrames, all of them :oops: , and my throat and my bowel (i can obviously only feel it in my bowel.) oh and it seems to affect my trachea.

it can be difficult if i have to hide away for an hour if i have scratched my face or squeezed a pimple :oops: i will never learn :lol: . passionate kissing makes me look like i'm disfigured. :yikes:

i have just started researching it as i am trying to see if there is a link my numerous health conditions. thanks for reading

very gentle :hugs: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Found this linky about dermatographia with some suggestions about possible treatments
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Physical-Urticarias.htm
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:32 pm

thanks. i joined a support forum yesterday and want to find out as much as i can. most doctors don't know what it is but it can effect surgery and perhaps child birth. it just gets mistaken for allergic urticaria when infact it is probably autoimmune. i found out it is probably connected to my coeliac. i just want to tie every up with a pretty bow. it doesn't sound serious but it an a big inpact on sufferers' lives. :wave:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:58 pm

:wave: adele,thats interesting i had urticaria as child so did my son .and yes i get marks ,white area ,dunno bout kissing bit will have test out on oh :lol: :lol: :yikes: the things we have do for medicinal tests :clap: :clap:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 pm

That doesent mean sucking the face of someone nutty. :lol:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems