FM and periods (sorry to the men!)

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: FM and periods (sorry to the men!)

Postby Roseofsharon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi,

I too get problems around 'that' time. When I was a teenager I was very heavy and suffered with severe cramps. However My mother treated for it with Aromatherapy and things settled down. When I was twenty I went on the pill but put weight on, so ended up coming off that again. After that though my periods were never the same and went down from lasting a full week (8days usually) to only lasting teo or three days and barely bleeding. This month is my first one since the op (Came on yesterday) and absolutely flooded during the night! So not sure what's going on right now.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Claire Spong » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:05 am

My period is finally finished and suddenly I feel loads better. Not so much of the all over ache that drags me down and makes me feel about 80 years old! Now I just have aches in 2 or 3 places which is much more bearable. Still got the overwhelming fatigue though, oh for a day without that!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby supersha » Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 am

So glad I read this 1, Lorraine Im now going to see my gyny and go for the hysterctomy I was a bit scared, but in agony and i feel like im always bleeding :( I had the Ablation in feb, and was ok for march/april but have now been bleeding for 3 weeks and its so wierd, I have nothing for hours then it all erm.... well I cant go out just incase, alll my gp said was go back to gyny but I know the only thing they can do is the hysterctomy, so I didnt go, but will defo make an appointment now, thanks guys as if having periods isnt bad enough but together with fm is a nightmare! xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems