medication problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

medication problems

Postby Karen27 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi everyone,
Recently changed meds from Sertraline to Duloxitine, reason is I wasn't coping too great and had been on Sertraline for many years, now having problems with my bladder, has anyone else experienced this?
It's good to talk, thank you. :grouphug:
Karen27
UKFM Newbie

Re: medication problems

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:40 pm

I've moved your post here Karen as I think you could get more replies.

I've not had either of those meds, so I can't really say I'm afraid. I think it might be worth you talking to your gp about your bladder issue, just in case there is something else responsible for it :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Karen27 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:21 pm

thanks for moving my entry I was at the docs today and shes said to try this med for another two weeks, I may not last that long, its bad enough having IBS without bladder problem also.
Thanks. x
Karen27
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 am

Hi
Have a read in the info that came with the meds to see if it lists bladder problems as a side effect.
It could be a separate problem as fibro is linked to bladder problems, so if it continues its best to get it checked out. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

medication problems

Postby Niki d » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi Karen 27,

I have been on that medication for about 3 years now, can't say I have had that problem. My gp has just doubled the dose as I am having real problems coping with life at the moment.

My other half isn't in good health so that's a constant worry. I don't think I had, had any side effects till she doubled the dose. Now I get really really tired come to about 3 pm.

Can't really say if it's made any difference to how I feel as she only upped them on tuesday, she says it take about 4 weeks to get in to your system. I shall let you know.

Lots of hugs niki. 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby Alison01 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:10 am

Noticed that everyone on the site was talking about meds, although my consultant when first diagnosed wrote to my GP and asked him to put me on Gabapentin this has not been done (not sure now what gp said as to why he did not do this) not even sure if he believes I have FM to tell you the truth as If I go to him he just says oh well its the FM, not bothering really to explore other possibilities. The only medication I am on is Diclofenac for inflamation for the arthritis I have in my lower lumbar and knees and pain killers which he has now changed to a not so strong drug as he felt that I had been on the strong pain killers for too long. I also have diazepam and morphine for when the pain is so bad from my arthritis I am unable to move even my toe. I am on nothing for the FM, I get weepy, tired, pain, dizziness (vertigo) headaches on a daily basis, fibro fog, and stomach upsets i.e one day constipated and another being unable to get off the loo. Having a flare up at the moment so everything is such an effort supposed to be going to my daughters today to get my hair cut but am really tired and just want to curl up and sleep. I have thought about keeping a diary but nearly every day would be me moaning about how I feel crap all the time. Oh well enough moaning really should pull myself together and sort myself out, might change my gp at the surgery and see what happens.

love Alison
Alison01
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 am

It may well be worth seeing a different doc in your surgery with what you've said about your current one Alison. Having a decent gp can make such a difference. Were you given any other explanation for being taken off the stronger pain meds, apart from you being on them too long?? I could understand if there was a possible problem that could arise with taking this long term, but before a decision is made, I would have thought it would have to be weighed up against the benefits and relief the meds could bring you :facepalm: :facepalm:

This linky will take you to NHS info about FM, including the types of meds used for it http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspxMaybe, when you see a different GP, there could be something on there that might be helpful for you. It can take a while to find the right mix of things that make a difference to you as what may help one of us may not be as effective for another.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 pm

:fingerscrossed: you're problems clear up soon Karen, Alison I agree with Fluppy try to see another doc as it is not acceptable in this day and age to be left to suffer :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get some help :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Alison01 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Thank you for your response have already decided that I would try and see a different gp within the surgery to see if they can help with the way I have been feeling over the past week. It is not fair on my hubby as he is my main carer and works nearly 50 hours a week to keep us afloat and then has to come home and do house work, cooking, taking dog for a walk etc etc Same as most people on here by the looks of it. I need my life back. So will make the appt first thing monday will let you know how I get on. Am also going to start keeping a journal and see how that goes.

many thanks

Alison
Alison01
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm

The journal/diary idea is a good one, and is something a lot of us have used at different times. It can help show if there is a pattern to things, what might be possible triggers etc, as well as giving you something to refer back to if/when you need it. Hope you can find a more helpful gp and start getting the help you need Alison :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon May 23, 2011 5:02 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Alison and :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems