Colonoscopy

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Colonoscopy

Postby BlueBerry » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi guys

wasn't to sure here to post this but need a little advise I am at min ait go get colonoscopy done on tusday bit scared been wait for this appoinment for over 4 months final going....

does anyone know if it ok go get it done when on a period and the diet I got take is the most boring thing I ever done white fish, chicken boild or steamed egg, cheese and potatos hope i am doing it right :x i can't wait till it done on tuesday i am going have big curry after lol maybe that bad thing for my stomach heh xD

i was told ages ago cause have fm i could also be ibs but I have had some many problems since christmas cute long story short they found cyst on my ovies final also go doctor about that end month xD seem all be happen this month... :yikes:

I am cross my fingures it all goes well and it going be my first time in a private hostpial my nhs one sent me there found that bit weird and it going be mix sex ward bit worried about that too ... I keep you all post as always but i so miss eat veg and curry all sorts :mrgreen:

Oh on Monday i got take 6 tablets and mix thing in water ready for tuesday wahhh i bet i am going be run toilet all day :facepalm:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Colonoscopy

Postby denys » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi Blueberry if you are worried or have any questions about whether you can have the test done ring the hospital and ask its best to get proper advice for these kind of things, if you can go then :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 pm

:goodluck1: with things. it's always good to know what is going on. :hugs:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 am

Hi
I have had around 6 or 7 colonoscopy`s done but had a hysterectomy so cant really help you, you are best to call the hospital and check before you take the clear out prep.
Your lucky you are allowed to eat before, i have crohns and i have to have my bowel completely empty so not allowed to eat anything 24 hrs before i have it done.

:goodluck1: hope it goes ok for you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:14 am

:fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: hope everything goes well for you BlueBerry. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

hope all goes well today :hugs: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby BlueBerry » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey all

WOW thank you for support guys my BUM IS SO SORE it went really well my doctor was really funny and nurses were so nice I never been to private hostpital before and it was wow lovely nice and I had my own room :clap: :clap:

after i had the colonoscopy I was ask would i like sandwich and a tea or coffee or even juice I was so suprice to get the sandwish it was more then that it was like 4 triangle sandwish , crisps and salad YUM :D I thought it be like a nhs hostpial one small sandwise a cup of tea but oh no it wasn't it was a pot of tea and milk and lot sugar i thought i was in a hotel :D

so nice i was not in mix ward at all i end up after in i think nurse office and put patence bed in there so keep eye on them weird... heh even had my own oxgen in the norse first time i had that done...

but I am so happy way it went i even watch it happen lol my bowels were so clean lol well a bit mess here and there but my doctor said it look good but he took some samples o_0 well I am cross my fingures that it good news...

oh best thing about place it just down road from me i didn't relise how close hostpial is by car :mrgreen: I hope next time i need out doing I hope nhs pay me go there again lol :clap: :clap: Oh got wait few weeks for results keep you posted :fingerscrossed:

Oh and period thing it stop for my test but then it came back after how weird was that lol :shock:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi
Glad everything went ok, i normally lay awake and watch it on the tv too but had to be put to sleep last time. :fingerscrossed: the results are clear.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems