warmer weather & here come the sweats

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Milosmum21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey peeps :wave:
We have had a fantastic weekend of weather & there i was the giant sweatball :cry: i permanantly looked like i had just stepped out the shower it just makes me miserable :banghead: i just sat with my kitchen roll dipped in freezing cold water & kept slapping it on my head & neck:roll: then later on i had a cold shower it was fantastic until i stepped out & then it was back to square one!! :dunno: I just hate summer because of this!! any tips would be more than welcome!! maybe exchange house for an igloo???? :tongueout: :tongueout:

Sue x
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby Niki d » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi sue,
I have the same problem, I have hot flushes all the time but in the summer it permanent. It drives me crazy espically if you have to go out.

I know it's not much help but,it might help a bit after showering i wrap in a towel and lay on the bed till I dry, then I use vagisil power on all creases or I get sore from sweating.

Then wear the loosest clothes I can find, I have a couple of really loose kaftans and they are brilliant in the hot weather. Then I have a small spray bottle and use that on my face and put me hair up.

Thats the best tips I have and it helps me. Hope it helps you to.

Gentle hugs niki xx
Niki d
UKFM Member

Re: warmer weather & here come the sweats

Postby Adele » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 pm

i've been staying in until about 5 or 6 and enjoying the lovely cool evenings. i can't believe i used to be a sun worshipper :(
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Niki d » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 pm

I know what you mean Adele, I was always out trying to catch some rays and I was as brown as a berry, as I have psoriasis it was good for my skin.

But since having fibro I can't stand the sun, I get so hot and bothered and take 3 lots of med's that say avoid sun light and the last time I did sit out but under the shade of a tree on a family day out I got 3 degree burns on my legs.
Xxx
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi
Its the same in my house to with us both having fibro the OH sweats have been really bad, we have a ceiling fan in the lounge which helps to keep us cool, we have bed side fans to keep us cool of a night.

To help keep the sweat off the face wearing a bandana helps.
another thing i have used is an ice block, they are for lunch boxes, i wrap it in a tea towel and put it on my forehead or back of neck, or you could use ice cubes.

Wear loose clothes or dresses and shower of an evening when its cooler. :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Milosmum21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks Peeps Niki i do same thing & the vagisil powder is a godsend! Basically i am doing all the things you guys are suggesting :) its just the most horrible thing :swear1: When i had all my friends around on sat night I kept dissapearing out the front door & was just sitting there in the cool :mrgreen: they kept popping out saying are you not cold?? i said "Are you flipping joking???" :facepalm: :facepalm: HAHAHA I just wish i could enjoy summer :(

Sue x
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems