Is this normal?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this normal?

Postby smartie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help me.I have had fm for 13 years, but over the last few weeks my cheeks have felt as though they are on fire and are very red. I am going to see my gp tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. My flare ups are getting more frequent as well, hense seeing the gp.
Any help or guidence would be much appreciated.
smartie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Is this normal?

Postby denys » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Could be Smartie but hopefully your GP can give you a proper answer :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: My right cheek is burning at the moment but it isnt very red just tingling. Sorry I cant be any more help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby smartie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi Denys,
Thanks for the reply, I know that the doctor will probably say it is to do with the fm, just wondering if anyone else had had these symptems. I guess I will find out tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
smartie
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:46 am

:goodluck1: at the docs. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Is this normal?

Postby Niki d » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

Hi smartie funny you should say that, my friend kindly took me to the cinema yesterday and when we came out she asked me if I was teething as one side of my face was really red. It wasn't till I touched it that it felt really sore almost badly sun burned.

Hugs niki xxx
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby smartie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi all,
Well I have just been diagnoised with something other than fm!!! I have rosacea which is a long term flushing of the cheeks with no cure, but it can be controlled. She has given me a cream to put on twice a day.

My doctor has also put me on tramacet for pain relief for my fm. I had tried tramadol in the past but it made me very jittery and anxious so I stopped taking it.
The doctor says I should be better on this, I will wait and see.
Thanks for all your support, I'm sending you all :flowers: and :grouphug:
smartie
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Smartie so glad you got a diagnosis hope the cream helps and :fingerscrossed: the pain meds kick in soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby redcaz » Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi, this had made me think! For years, everyday, just after lunch, like clockwork, my whole face becomes flushed and very hot. Its not roseacia, as its not there all the time. It goes awayafter a few hours. I read that spicy food and alcahol can cause this but I never have either at lunchtime! Just wondered if it could be related to the fibro. xx
redcaz
UKFM Member

Postby starfish29 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi there, I was just reading about tempromandibular joint disorder and it says that it can cause pain in the cheek and a burning sensation, maybe that might be what's wrong? :mrgreen:
starfish29
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems