irritable bladder in fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: irritable bladder in fibro

Postby mand » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Ive noticed......within 1/2 to 1 hour of a drink i go to the loo and even more some days.....it flamimg has me irritable, i have to time things around drinking or not....as the case maybe, i tend to get stomach ache in the mornings.....would you say this is irritable bladder and when i need to go :shock: i need to go
mand
UKFM Member

Postby barbara1972 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:12 am

http://www.ehow.com/about_5047705_sympt ... drome.html

please know you are not alone in this.
barbara1972
UKFM Member

Postby will h » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 pm

I have suffered with bladder problems long before i was diagnosed with fibro. It was always very difficult at work, when i need to go i need to go immediately and cant hold on. Sometimes ive had to hold on as theres no toilet near by and i get bad pains in my bladder.
The dirtiest water produces the most perfect lotus...
will h
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi
With fibro the muscles will become weak causing the irritable bladder.
Doing pelvic floor exercises can help strengthen the muscles or your gp can give you some meds if you have an over active bladder.

You should get it checked out as i was having problems with my bladder and the pills and exercises did not help and after tests at the hospital i had to have an operation as had a prolasped bladder.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fog woman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 pm

I've had fibromyalgia for a long time & always had the irritable bladder with it. When I was put on amitriptyline that helped a lot, my gp said because the bladder is a muscle it's no wonder the fibro effects it. Last year I decided to come off my amitriptyline I wanted to try & shift some weight & try to be drug free. I lost quite a lot of weight but then my bladder went into spasm the worse experience I've ever had a constant pressure which made me miserable. :( Went back on amitrip still problems so gp put me on vesicare & that sorted it, I can't praise vesicare enough wish I'd been on it from the start it coats the nerves on the bladder & makes life easier.
Fog woman
UKFM Member

Postby Roop » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi, I have check bladder too, along with ibs, I am always rushing to the loo to spend a penny. Like a few have mentioned before, there are times that I just have a trickle or there are times that its like Niagara falls, without drinking much throughout the day. There are so many other symptoms on top of fibro I sometimes find it hard to cope. With Autumn and winter feeling closer, makes me worry that symptoms get worse for me, that also means going to the loo even minute coz of the cold. Take care to you all. :grouphug:
Roop
UKFM Member

Postby Livefortheday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

So glad I found this site. I thought I was just getting older and drank too much coffee. Thank god for Tena Lady :oops:
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm

I am still under investigation as to my symptoms as dr. is ruling out other possibilities with scans and blood tests (blood test results tomorrow) I can go to the loo during every tv commercial and it is one of the reasons I cannot go far (although due to the pain I have not been out in two weeks).

If I do go on a journey longer than 30 mins I have to plan our route that has the most toilet stops. If we are stuck in a traffic jam I get really stressed in fear that I will not make it to the next stop, this alone takes over my life. Two years ago hubby fitted an en-suite in our bedroom as I wake at least three times during the night. I need to drink plenty of water during the day as although I have a very healthy diet I suffer with constant constipation. :oops: :oops:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby Livefortheday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:04 pm

I get terrible constipation too :oops: My doctor gives me Movida to take. The pain killers don't help :(
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Postby ladyofwales » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 am

Hi, yes iritable bladder and bowel issues, i know them so well. Unfortunately.
I suffer a lot of pain in the pelvic area too.
I shake from the inside out from my waist down. with my bladder and bowel shaking and causing the most horrid feeling. Its unexplainable. I very ofter feel like i have mild cystitus and constant pressure worse as weein and after weeing. Previous to getting diagnosed with fibro and cfs i would visit the docs often with this complaint only for the doc to say you dont have an infection and being looked at like i was stupid. My doc has not given me anything for this. I find the shaking is worst when i have exhausted myself, (which takes all of a few seconds walking) and in the evening..
Drinking plenty is a must even though its hard. I have been told that someone with fibro has more chance of being dehidrated and that if you are dehidrated your pain could be worse.
Its a struggle i know, itoday was the first time i was up to going out for a week. Its so frustrating..but keep smiling :)
ladyofwales
UKFM Member

Postby sweetleaf2 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 pm

clarkey wrote:Hiyah ,
I would like to say that I have a lot of bladder problems but theyjust dont seem to sort it , I am still trotting to & fro hospital with it but was good to see its not just me , I also have leaks & one minute i can spend a penny a lot but other times I cant do a lot , i also get blood in my urine .
Is there anyone who gets the same ?

clarkey x

I have irritable bladder, which is calmed somewhat by the medication I take for the fibro Amartripyline (sp?) I have always tested as having blood in my urine, even as far back as my first pregnancy 30 years ago, I have been given so many antibiotics over the years I should rattle!

Most of the time Im told after almost the full course of antibiotics, that theres no "bug"....they couldnt grow it in the lab :dunno:
Speaking of which.........has anyone else suffered multiple allergies to antibiotics?
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby geb0205 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 pm

I find this quite an interesting thread as I'm beginning to get the need to go to the loo more and more frequently. My friends all joke that I drink far too much, and have no self control, but when the need arises to pee, I just HAVE to go, i can't just forget about it. :oops:

Funnily enough, whilst studying medical acupuncture on a course, I had a set of needles put in my stomach muscles for bladder irritability, and I so far have had a 2 day reduction in the amount I've needed to pee, yet am drinking the same amount. It's something that I'll be keeping an eye on!!
Registered Osteopath and Medical Acupunturist.
geb0205
UKFM Member

irritable bladder in fibro

Postby caterpillar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Azz wrote:
If I do go on a journey longer than 30 mins I have to plan our route that has the most toilet stops. If we are stuck in a traffic jam I get really stressed in fear that I will not make it to the next stop, this alone takes over my life. Two years ago hubby fitted an en-suite in our bedroom as I wake at least three times during the night. I need to drink plenty of water during the day

Omg this is me!!!! Needing to go to the loo takes over my life, I can't bear long journeys or going anywhere without a toilet. It sends me into a full blown panic attack.

GP doesn't seem interested, as there's no sign of infection. She just says 'every one is different'
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby sweetleaf2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 pm

pogster wrote:there is a brilliant website (thebladderandbowelfoundation.org) which has some very useful info on these sorts of problems and has a helpline number too. I got a little credit card sized note from them which you pass to shopkeepers etc which states you have a medical condition and need the toilet quickly. Most places would then let you use their toilet and do it discretely.

I also have a RADAR key which lets you into disabled toilets locked by a key. I got mine from the local tourist info office for about two pound, but there is a website where you can buy them for around four pounds (http://www.radar.org.uk)

Hope this info helps someone.

Just ordered my radar key and guide, not four pounds though....twenty! :yikes:
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby Salgor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Roop wrote:Hi, I have check bladder too, along with ibs, I am always rushing to the loo to spend a penny. Like a few have mentioned before, there are times that I just have a trickle or there are times that its like Niagara falls, without drinking much throughout the day. There are so many other symptoms on top of fibro I sometimes find it hard to cope. With Autumn and winter feeling closer, makes me worry that symptoms get worse for me, that also means going to the loo even minute coz of the cold. Take care to you all. :grouphug:

Hi Roop. I have been treated over a number of years for incontinence. I have had physio and learnt how to do pelvic floor exercises and that didn't make much difference. Quite recently, about May time I went to the doctor again because the problem was getting worse. I was noticing that as soon as I got up out of bed, and sometimes just from sitting down, I started to trickle (and sometimes a lot worse) and had absolutely no control over it. The GP sent me for a bladder scan but that came back clear. I have to say, that I don't get pain as such, just an real urge to go. To make matters worse I have DDD as well as the usual aches, pains and stiffness and sometimes find it really difficult to get up quickly, by which time things are getting desparate. :yikes:

Perhaps they could invent some kind of device which gives us advance warning so that we can try and get off our marks in time. :crazy:

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems