Sleep

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep

Postby emily73 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:52 am

Me again, yep now I have found u all I will drive u mad. Not really.
What is with this fatigue drives me insane, I have downloaded a sleep relaxation app on my phone.
I must admit I am a light weight and in bed by 10 pm most of the time with this app asleep by 11pm, then wide awake 2 hrs later.
Does anyone have any tips??
emily73
UKFM Member

Sleep

Postby lrgatrell88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:20 am

Well I haven't been to bed yet.last night I didn't fall asleep till one and was awake again by 3. I used to find lavender helped me sleep but think that perhaps I have become immune to it. Lol. I am currently icing my sons birthday cake. Was too I'll to do it earlier and as I can't sleep thought I wud get it done. Lol.

The gps can prescribe sinfully to make u sleep better. I'm current on 125 mg of pregablin/ lyrica but it's not working.

Hope u get some sleep soon xxx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep

Postby Schnoodle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 am

Pregablin seemed to help with my sleeping itade me dromwy and more likely to stay asleep.
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:09 pm

definitely the dosulepins helped me, i notice if i run out and i am wide awake again strugglin gto get to sleep.

now i sleep like baby til 7 am.

:snore1: :birthday1:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby CampbellMary » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:20 am

I feel really stupid my husband was taken into hospital tonight. I could be in bed have a good sleep not having to listen to him crying out in pain.Sorry u won't know my husband has been suffering 4 a long time. Think he is worse than i am. Although he keeps telling me 2 go rest. sorry not making much sense. We have had a terrible time lately with him in pain and with me having 2 get up in the middle 2 help him out to toilet or 2 change his bed. I have 2 say sorry again my husband has bladder problems has a suprapubic catheter in but not getting proper care it is a total nightmare. He gets one infection after another. I know i made a mistake 2 lines up i ment middle of night.
Aright suppose i would need go now. just think when i sign of im on my own :crazy:

I have no idea what's going 2 happen with my husband don't think it will b good. Knowing u guys r out there means a lot.

:grouphug: Hope 2 hear from u soon.
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Mary
Try to get some sleep when your hubby sleeps, i know you have been having a rough time with both of you having health problems but you must try to get as much rest as you can otherwise you will make yourself worse and wont be of any help. :hugs:
I know it cant be easy for you putting your pain aside and looking after your hubby.

You know you have us here to help support you. take it easy Mary. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 pm

hi mary
aw bless ya :hugs: :hugs:
having such a bad time, try not to worry (easier said than done i know)
get as much rest as you can :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
always here for you, wish we could do more :roll: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Mary you arent ever alone now, but Shaz is right you need to get some rest while you can is your hubby still in hospital at the moment, if he is maybe they'll help him with his care and get these infections under control for him, if he's not and is back at home how about calling your GP and asking for a home visit maybe he needs a district nurse to come and help and your GP will be able to help with that. Sending you some gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:25 pm

A few more :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for you Mary. There isn't much more I can add to what has already been said. Hubby is in the best place at the moment. Try not to feel too guilty about having some rest and sleep time for yourself.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Milosmum21 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Mary, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
You will never be alone being on here. I have been going through a rough patch lately & everyone on here have been a tremendous support to me when i have felt really down i just pop on here & all the kind messages really cheer me up its just so nice having lovely people thinking of you :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

On the sleep subject i have sleep apnea & am on a Cpap & have been for 11/12 years so i never get great quality sleep :crazy: the doc recently prescribed me sleeping pills which i'm not really allowed because of sleep apnea but due to the stress i'm going through just now i wasn't sleeping at all so he gave me them short term. I have to say i am getting a sleep still not great but better :) & i started my pregablin today so :fingerscrossed: my pain will ease a bit :clap: I am getting relatives from abroad (2 lots) coming to stay with me at end of the month so i hope i'm feeling able to cope :yikes: i'm a bit worried about it but have decided 1 thing....i am not cooking! trying to work out whats going to be least stressful for me :crazy: .......open to any ideas!! :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

Sue x
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:07 pm

I don't think they'd eat Milo's food would they Sue?? :lol: :lol:

Depending on what sort of food you're after, is there a local bistro, pub, restaurant or somewhere that would be able to do most of the prep and deliver stuff to you, with the final touches just needed to finish things off. When an elderly neighbour of my parents found cooking difficult, she found a local cafe did a meals-on-wheels type thing and would deliver a meal to those who ordered them. It was all home-cooked, decent tasting stuff. Just a thought that might help with catering for the visitors :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Milosmum21 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey Flup :wave: Milo's food not too bad he gets chicken veg & Pasta (he can be a bit fussy) :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: he also likes scrambled egg & toast for breakfast now & then :clap: I dont mind cooking for my hairy bairn but visitors....Bah!! :yikes:
we have a few pubs that do meals an Indian & a chinese takeaway & a really good Fish & chip shop :wink: Then if they want to go into the city there is huge choice! Of course because they are "canny Scots" a large part of their diet is lquid :wine: so there will be alot of that flowing freely :twodrinking1: :beer: :wine: :twodrinking1: :beer: :wine: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2:

Sue x
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby CampbellMary » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for all u'r messages of support. Hubby got back out on mon. consultant going on holiday nice for some.

The r going 2 take him in again after easter he is not in just as much pain but still far from well. Just have 2 see what happens.Have 2 of my grandchildren tomorrow daughter has 2 go 2 work and they r on hols hope it stays nice the can play out side.

Must go now and get 2 bed early start in morning only till lunch time the r really good kids.

All best to everyone :grouphug: :wave:
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:18 pm

hi mary
sleep well, have a good day with the kiddies :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 am

The forecast is for a nice day Mary, so hopefully you'll be able to let the grand kiddies play out. Hope you can find time for some rest for yourself :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems