Sunshine

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sunshine

Postby livermore » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi guys,
havent been on here for a while and am not sure this is in the right place but i have a question to ask if any of you lovely people can help me.
I have cum up with a rash on my face and neck after being out in the sun for a bit this afternoon, i am not burnt as im a bit mad when it cums to sun cream and always have loads on. Its made me fell sick and generally not well, does anyone else suffer from this or any sort of sunlight senstivity??

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Re: Sunshine

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:13 pm

some medications can make you hypersensitive to sunlight, check the information leaflets or ask a pharmacist. it could be you have become allergic to sunscreen. fibro can cause sensitivity to things you weren't allergic to before.

try an antihistamine and if that doesn't help see your gp. hope you feel better soon.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:49 pm

I think becuase our immune system is depleated thats one cause.
Also if you check your meds many have light problems, you can get sun sensitivity - should be on the information leaflet.
I know mobic is like that, as i have to stay out of the sun.
But if its itchy or it gets worse, then go see your GP.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Cant really add anything to what has already been said so :fingerscrossed: it clears up and you get some answers :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Adele wrote:some medications can make you hypersensitive to sunlight, check the information leaflets or ask a pharmacist.

I get a similar rash - and my GP advised me last summer it was hypersensitivity to sunlight due to being on mirtazapine (an anti-depressant)... his advice was to make sure I always wore a high-factor sunscreen and kept out of direct sunlight when possible.

Already, I am starting to feel the rash on my skin, although its not all red and visible the way it was last summer ...so looks like its going to be a problem that's there every summer now. xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby livermore » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks guys,
its gone down now, its still under the skin but not as itchy or red thank god, ive stayed out of the sun and im hoping it was just maybe the suncream, im getting married in just over 3 weeks so cud do with out this!!

Thanks again

Michelle.x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Livermore,

Lavender oil is very good and soothing for this sort of thing.. ( and any sort of burn ) I suggest if you can use it, you mix a few drops in with a carrier oil such as baby oil and rub it over the affected bits..

Good luck for your big day.

Mella.
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

As you're getting married in 3 weeks I'd maybe see your GP if it flares up again - at least if there's anything you can take to reduce it you can take it asap.

Was it all over your face or just in certain areas? If it's affecting areas like your nose or your chin wearing a sun hat might help for the next few weeks to keep your face in shadow? It was mega hot this weekend, I've gone brown, one morning I put feet of one colour in to my flip flops, later that day I had flip flop marks :)

Hope you have some of this lovely sunshine for your big day, my Aunt married in May a few years ago and they managed to pick one of the nicest weekends of the year for it *needs a sunshine smiley*
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby livermore » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi,

Its all over my neck and a little on my face, im tring to keep out of the sun as much as poss and it has gone down. Its a bit like dry skin now. very odd will keep an eye on it and thanks for the advice everyone.

Michelle.x
livermore
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems