Painful knees :(

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby cherryblossom » Mon May 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi All. Just wondered - I 'm having a problem with my knees. It's not all the time as such, it happens when I go to crouch down or try to get up. I get a horrendous pain in my knees and they feel as though they are twisted and they give. The pain is excruciating and very sharp and also makes my knees feel weak. Once I'm up it's ok. Anyone else get this? Have had it for a long time now but not sure what to make of it. Any ideas? Take care. Cherry :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Hjp75 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:26 am

Hiya Cherry I have the same thing.
I've had it for years at first I thought it was arthritis but tests say it's not. As I'm not DX with fibro yet I'm still not really sure what it is, I get it in my hips also but not as often as my knees which is daily now.
Hope your get relief from it x

H xxx
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Re: Painful knees :(

Postby denys » Tue May 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Cherry you need to get this checked out just incase something else is going on and its not fibro related :fingerscrossed: it will just be another part of FM but check it out to be on the safe side :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue May 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi
My knees click and sometimes lock which is very painful, I have had a few falls where my legs just give way.
Its best to get it checked by your gp. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Niki d » Tue May 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi all,
My knees really hurt when I go up and down stairs, they make a kind of ripping sound. I have injections in each knee every 6 months, the rhumy says I have bursitis and the injection just take the edge off.

Hugs and flowers niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby angelina101 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm

mmm i had to leave a job that i loved n worked in for 15 years because of the same kinda knee pain u describe.i left in 2006 as was a very physical job.i had xray and mri scan done n all the said was it was wear n tear.im only 41 lol.but i now wonder if this was all the beginning of fibro.i still cant crouch or can but terribly painful.n i get a terrible pain some nights too when in bed.im stuck with it.xx
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby Niki d » Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Know what you mean, I can bare to have my knees touching I have to sleep with a pillow between mine. 

Hugs niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed May 04, 2011 7:07 am

niki me too
so so painful :yikes: crouch down :shock: i would never get up again :roll:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby sastek » Sun May 08, 2011 1:56 am

Yeah me to, but it tends to come and go. Some times they are not that bad, and other times I can hardly bend my knees at all.

Only 40 Years old and having to grab the handrail on the stairs like an old man :cry:
sastek
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this. It does make me feel really old, I'm 39, but end up using the stairlift at home as well as walking sticks, feel as tho I'm 90! I will ask the doc when I next see him just to rule out anything else, but as I said, I am really glad some of you get this, I mean that in the nicest way, not wishing it on anyone. Take care all and loadsa :hugs: . Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Thu May 26, 2011 11:58 am

Hi there, hope u r ok. When I first started with fibro....My knees ached all the time, in first me knees were the first thing that I noticed to have major problems with. I went and had an x-ray and MRI as I had terrible pains and even clicking noises in them but nothing sadly shown up on the scans, which I find wierd........Then I realise it was a fibro thing and my muscles were probadly just weak and achey.......With my knees, I get some days where I went to literally chop them off - lol....well not literally but the pain gets that bad in them, especially the left one.......

Do you take any pain relief for you pain? Codeine or morphine is quite popular as it is for moderate to severe pain.....I recommend any tha thas pain to have xrays done on their joints just to rule out any underlyning issues as well...Hope this helps. Take care. xxx
sjc
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems