Headache/Exhausted

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Headache/Exhausted

Postby pebs67 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 am

Hi all, Does anyone else suffer with dreadful headaches and I mean so painful that to put your head on the pillow it makes it hurt even more. I have been getting these at least 5 times a month now for months and then for days afterwards my head feels totally bruised, but this time the day after the bad headache attack I have felt totally and utterly exhausted yesterday I spent my Bank Holiday in and out of bed as I just couldn't stay awake. I should mention that I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis which means to much laying around not keeping active then makes my joints stiffen up I think one might say a vicious circle.

My doctor doesn't seem interested in my Fibro he just say's "Oh well me must not forget that you have very bad and aggriessive psoriatic arthritis" and that's as far as I get. But these headaches are dreadful nothing moves them and if I have one of my over heating sweat outs that will also bring one on. I don't wish for anyone to have one of these attacks but would be nice to know that I'm not the only one. Love to all Karen x
pebs67
UKFM Newbie

Re: Headache/Exhausted

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 am

First of all, :wave: and :welcome: to the funny farm Karen :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Based on what you've said, I would suggest that it might be time to start seeing another GP. Are there any others at your surgery you could see that are more helpful and understanding?? If not, it might be worth contacting other surgeries in your area to see if they have any FM friendly GPs that you could register with and see.

It does sound like you're in a vicious circle with FM and psoriatic arthritis, as for the headaches, they are often part of FM, from thumpingly bad ones to full-blown migraines. There are various things to try that might work, from betablockers to strong painkillers to things like the 4Head stick and cooling gel head strips.

I hope you can get some easing soon, I have daily battles with headaches and migraines, as do some others on here, so I can understand how it's making you feel :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Karen and :welcome: to the forum, lots of members seem to suffer with headaches it seems quite a common symptom of FM Sorry to here you are suffering and :fingerscrossed: you get some relief soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue May 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Karen
I suffer with sever migraines where they can last for weeks, nothing will take them away, i am even sick with them.
Just moving my head slightly hurts and at times i feel i could really chop my head off its that bad.

I have to lay as still as i can in a dark room with a eye mask on, i find using the migraine gel strips help to keep the head cool (they dont take my migraine away).

My gp tried so many different migraine meds that in the end he sent me to see a neuro doc at the hospital as did not know what else to give me.
The neuro swapped around my meds and tried me on others and i now have them under control, still getting some migraines but not as sever as they were and not as often.

Have a look at your meds to see if they list headaches as side effects and ask your gp to change them, if things dont improve ask to be refered to a neuro.
I know what the exhaustion is like as i couldnt do anything when i had mine. Hope your ease soon. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pebs67 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi again so sorry for my late reply, but I wanted to say thanks for the kind and reassuring words and I have to say once I got over the headache last week this week has been a much more positive one and I am able to do things, not sure how long for but the time I get is better than none. However I do intend to go and see another GP as I really do need something when they strike and the tiredness is dreadful.

Love to all and thanks again Karen x :wave:
pebs67
UKFM Newbie

Postby judith » Mon May 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi was interested in headache discussion. I get headaches emanating from the base of my neck up into my head which last for days and days, I go to sleep with it and wake up with it. Have tried usual pain killers, massage and exercise, but nothing gets rid of them. Am I to assume this is a fibro add-on? Am seeing GP next week but don't hold out much hope!
judith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Please don't just assume it's a FM thing Judith, as headaches can be related to various things. Tell your GP about them, maybe keep a diary of how they are between now and your appt to see if any triggers, patterns etc come to light. Hope you can find something to help with them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Alison01 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi New to site and after reading about headaches I too suffer from headaches and vertigo on a daily basis and nothing shifts them. My GP too is not very sympathetic to FM. I am having a flare up at the moment feel very weepy, :cry: tired all the time and in pain :needhug: in other words feeling very sorry for myself. After reading all the comments on the site it helps to know that I am not the only one suffering like this.

regards

Alison
Alison01
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri May 20, 2011 5:38 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: sorry you are in a flare Alison, try to rest as much as you can until it passes. :grouphug:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Is there another GP you could see at your surgery Alison?? If not it might be time to consider finding a more understanding one :dunno: :dunno:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Sat May 21, 2011 1:01 am

Sorry to hear you are in a flare up Alison :hugs: ,I think most of us feel sorry for ourselfs when we are bad, hope you feel better soon :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby garyb » Sun May 22, 2011 7:04 pm

I to suffer with really bad head aches. my pain is mostly on my right side temple , behind my eye,and on the back of my head at the base of my skull, ive been having mine for years now,and are so bad i end up in hospitol somtimes, and nearly always end up vomiting,
i also suffer with AS, ankylosing... have you ever thought of getting your consultant to check you out for temporal arthritis,or giant cell arthritis cos this can be very dangerous if not checked ,hope you get things sorted soon ,its not pleasant good luck .
garyb
UKFM Newbie

Postby judith » Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Have seen GP and been told headaches are probabloy due to the osteoarthritis I also have in spine. On the subject of large cell arteritis - had a blood test and all ok when I was suffering severe and agonising pain with temporal mandibular jaw dysfunctiion. So all these things are connected but should be checked out to be sure.
judith
UKFM Member

Postby Joolz1968 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:44 am

I suffer from headaches every day . Doc prescribed Tegretol and this helped my face pain too . At least I dont get them every day now. It hasn't cured it completely though . One thing I noticed with this thread was that there was mention of pain eminating from base of skull and just wanted to let you all know that I get this too .
Joolz1968
UKFM Member

Postby cazza » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Judith and everyone else,

I get the same headaches or at least very similar to what you describe and they last for days. Mine starts from my shoulders, and I then get severe pain in my neck all the way into my skull which results in a severe headache and can become a migraine. No matter what I do it wont go away so normally rest and get some sleep in the afternoon with some hope of feeling less ill and tired. I am headache free at the moment which is wonderful as I have had one for the last week. I don't, however, hold out any hope for being free of one tomorrow as I am having severe shoulder pain today and that usually ends in headaches but one can only :fingerscrossed: that it will end well.

Caz x
Forgetting why you went to the kitchen is one thing but it's scary when you can't remember why you went to the bathroom!!!
cazza
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems