I knew the day would come

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I knew the day would come

Postby chopper » Sat May 07, 2011 3:46 am

After spending e hours in A&E this morning with my ankle again, I sprained it after going over on it for the umpteenth time. They decided to send an OT and physio down to of there and then. After assessing of for crutches or a stick, they thought I would be more secure and stable with crutches. They gave me a brand new shiny pair and showed me how to best use them. They told me I would be better to use them even when when my ankle is better. So although I knew this day would come I didn't expect it quite this soon :oops:
chopper
UKFM Member

Re: I knew the day would come

Postby shazq » Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Hope you get to grips with them, at least they will help you in the long run. I have to use a stick all the time. :hugs: You will get used to them. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 pm

i would not be with out my charlie (crutch :lol: ) now and only had it for about three weeks :D
first had them for holiday, but only use one.
i did find it embarrassing at first :oops: i have also got to start using it at home when out an about
now that will be embarrassing for me :oops: :oops:

i can walk a bit further with it and also have something to lean on when hubby
stands nattering to anyone he meets :roll: :lol:

good luck with them :fingerscrossed: let us no how you get on :twodrinking2:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Sat May 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Chopper (apologies if you're not the poster I'm thinking of, ignore me if so I'm super foggy today lol)

was it you who was concerned about hypermobility? did the Physio notice anything up with your ankle at all? if you're having so many accidents I'd ask your GP to assess you for hypermobility

http://www.hypermobility.org/beighton.php

http://www.mijnlevenmet.nl/wordpress/wp ... _score.gif

Have you tried your Beighton score at home? I was shocked when I tried mine, added the second link to show you a hypermobile ankle :)

It's possible to just have hypermobility in some joints so I think it's worth mentioning if you're having mobility issues.

Hope the crutches help, you'll get used to them and at least you don't have to worry about falling :) :goodluck2:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Sat May 07, 2011 6:04 pm

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/490 ... 2f8844.jpg

there we go, a pic of hypermobile ankles (mine are virtually identical lol). If I sit on the edge of the bed and hold my legs out my ankles fall in to that position.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby chopper » Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 am

Yes ldyalb it was me with dodgy ankles. Mine too naturally fall that way even touching the floor. They also touch the floor sitting in that position and pointing my toes.
As for the walking stick I am feeling less self conscious as I get more used to us :cat2: ing them, even finding it amusing when I suddenly sneezed and couldn't get my tissue to my nose quickly enough while approaching the cash point (no expulsion thank goodness.) I really do feel more secure with them, all joking apart.
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby chopper » Mon May 09, 2011 7:29 am

Sorry I still cant use the smileys x
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon May 09, 2011 2:35 pm

chopper wrote:Sorry I still cant use the smileys x

When you reply to a post you should see the smilies on the right hand side just click on the smilie you want to use. :D

If they are not working check to see that you have them on. :goodluck1:
on the right hand side under smilies there is a list you should see smilies and next to it should be yes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Claire Spong » Tue May 10, 2011 12:17 am

Unless you're using tapatalk then you can't get into the smilies at all!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby chopper » Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 am

:clap: :tongueout: :twodrinki
ng
I can retrieve the smilies but don't seem to be able to place them in the text. They go all over the place, its prob because I use my Wildfire and not a laptop. :?:
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby chopper » Tue May 10, 2011 6:52 am

Sorry my fingers are jerking all over the place. I think it best to sign out and return to forum later :hugs:
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby Claire Spong » Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 am

Yes, I've found that with my wildfire too. Main thing is to make sure you wait for them to appear before you carry on typing as they take a few seconds to get there.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems