Hi cholesterol

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi cholesterol

Postby Niki d » Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 am

Morning all,
Just wanted to know if any of you have been told that you have high cholesterol.
I thought mine was fine, or so I thought. I'm always having blood tests done well had one done about 3months ago and got called in to see my gp and she informed me mine was 7 1/2.
I thought that wasn't to bad tell she told me it should be about 4.

I really wanted to know if any body else with fibro or psorisas have high cholesterol.

Thanks guys hugs niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Re: Hi cholesterol

Postby loubie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:54 am

hi niki
mine is ok i think :yikes:
the last bloods i had done was in my doc's words, excellent
i was like :shock: and said why do i feel so ill then :crazy: :crazy:

we do always use flora and have started to use the new flora oil thingy
for cooking, have to say i like it, its very good :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun May 08, 2011 11:14 am

HI
As far as i am aware mine is ok.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Hi cholesterol

Postby Niki d » Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi loubie and shaz,

Maybe the cholesterol being high has nothing to do with fibro? Maybe its to do with psorisas, I will have to investigate. All my life I have been today it's a skin decease which I don't know why I have never questioned. But I think I will look into a bit more and I will let mind findings.

Thanks loads you 2 for getting back to me loads of gentle hugs niki
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Sun May 08, 2011 10:33 pm

I havnt had mine checked for years ,stupid really after all the blood tests i have had done for my Thyroid .Next time i will ask to have it checked ,although im veggie and eat a healthy med diet .Motherelle .x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 08, 2011 10:41 pm

My mother has quite a high cholesterol level. She was stunned when she found out as she eats pretty healthily. Her GP told her that some people have natural predisposition to it being high, regardless of how healthily they eat and live.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 pm

I was told last november that mine was 'a little high' whatever that means. I was told to exercise mere and nearly swore at doctor the first time I say her afterward, as at the time I was having major problems and asked how I could exercise when I could hardly stand. Anyway I had recent bloods and was told everything was fine so not sure if it's still high or not.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Recently had mine measured and discovered it's high - 7.5 - that's after having eaten hardly any meat for thirty years and very little dairy for eight. Seems it is hereditary. I'm trying to control it by diet (what do i cut out?) but have been told it's medication for life if this diet doesn't work in four months.... Also discovered i'm still anaemic despite having gone through the menopause, always put it down to heavy periods before. Just get annoyed when my body lets me down - was very fit before this latest 9yr long flare of FM and have always looked aftr myself and now I get high cholsterol - not fair
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby RickyPonting » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 am

Hi,,,
High Cholesterol is quite a common problem these days as most of the people are not careful about what they are eating.I want to share remedy of Cholesterol with you people.
Perform a liver cleanse
Exercise, exercise, exercise
Reduce sharp spikes in your blood sugar level through proper diet choice and eating smaller meals regularly.
Eat foods that lower cholesterol and avoid foods that increase cholesterol
RickyPonting
UKFM Newbie

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:21 am

i have been on medication for high cholesterol for some years now.

i have been a bit overweight for about 10 years now although i find it easy to shift when i want to but these days i just feel to exhausted to do anything about it.

my dad had a triple by-pass at 54 and my gran had heart problems so i am fairly convinced my problems are me and my genes
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 am

Adam, your post is not really very helpful as Fluppypuffy has pointed out in another thread you have posted on. We have fibromyalgia, and to much excercise causes us to flare and to be honest most of us are pretty careful about what we eat because we cant excercise
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi

I had mine tested recently at the chemist at our local sainsburys. I was told it was 4.9 and ok.

High cholesterol is not just linked to overweight people. I know because my mother-n-law who is stick thin was told two years ago that she has high cholesterol! She hardly eats anything, switched to soya milk, low cholesterol margerine but still cannot get it any lower.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Has MIL been given statins to help with her cholesterol levels Lorraine :?: :?: They are what my mother now takes to keep hers at the right sort of level for her :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi all

I was at the Dr's last monday and was started on vitamin D and a statin as my cholesterol was 6 and i am diabetic so it needs to come down. I asked if there was anything that i could do differently with my diet, but was told that it was nothing i was doing that had raised it. For the last 9 years i was tube fed with elemental diet(due to severe crohn's disease) and during the time that i was on this diet my cholesterol was much higher. Over the last 9 months i have been reintroduced to food and since that my cholesterol had come down to 6, so i have been told the only way to reduce it any further is to take a statin, so its not always anything that we are doing wrong.

Milly xx :)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm

I posted on this last year and recently had another test to discover my cholesterol level is still exactly the same as it was despite sticking to the diet I was given. have just visited the Addenbrookes cholesterol clinic - have been on statins 3 weeks - and have been told it doesn't look like it's hereditary but that my diet - even before the specila low cholesterol one was unlikely to be the cause - my husband has low cholesterol and eats more meat, masses more puds, sweets, biscuits, pastries (all things I rarely eat and rarely ever have). So, yet more blood tests which always come back 'normal' ( the only thing about me that IS normal seems to be most of my test results!!) but the doc thinks I just have high cholesterol. it is normally low in Fm unless there's a thyroid problem apparently but my thyroid tests always (and i've had at least 20 over the years for varying symptoms) come back 'normal'..... Watch this space
scoke
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems