swollen ankles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swollen ankles

Postby denise1127 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:51 pm

hi .......i been diagnosed with fibro now for a while........i get pain in my feet and ankles ...........the foot pain is like someone cutting through my feet with a knife and the ankle pain is like electric shocks going into my ankles .............i went to a theme park yesterday for my best friends daughters birthday and didnt even go on the rides as i was in so much pain.............luckily i had some dihydracodeine which i used when pain is really bad ...........anyway now my ankles are twice the size as they were...........im off to drs tomorrow and im going to ask but is this part of fibromyalgia or do you think it could be something else............im not a happy bunny and im in so much pain............usually i hurt all over and thats why i didnt go on any rides but this is easy to point out cos its so bad today .........also i am thinking of using sticks the next time i go as i found leaning into my hubby and walking slowly helped ..........so im going to have to use sticks next time i go .............we are going again in 12 weeks cos its my sons 16th ............he has special needs and only like theme parks and why should i let him miss out just cos im ill.............with proper pain meds and sticks im sure i will be able to survive the next one .........but without the sticks and meds i wouldnt be able to take him cos its just too much ..................any advice welcome ..........thanks very much ..................xx
:penguin:
denise1127
UKFM Member

Re: swollen ankles

Postby denise1127 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:52 pm

this swelling thing has happened before on several occaisions..................xx
denise1127
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun May 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi
It`s best to get them checked over by your gp as it could be due to water retention, best be on the safe side. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 pm

yep get checked out
hope you feel better soon :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Definitely get it checked, just to be sure there isn't anything else responsible for it :wave: :wave:

Hope you manage toget round and have a good time for your son's birthday :birthday1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems