Severe dizziness?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe dizziness?

Postby starfish29 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:48 pm

I seem to get really bad dizziness with my FM, does anyone else have this problem? Occasionally I've blacked out but only for a minute and I find it quite frightening, can anyone offer any advice for this? Should I be worried? The doctor gave me Prochlorperazine 5mg but it's not been helping of late. :crazy:
starfish29
UKFM Newbie

Re: Severe dizziness?

Postby budda » Mon May 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi starfish, sorry to hear you are getting bad dizziness, i to get dizzy at times, it could be something like your Meds that are doing this to you,if i were you i would go back and speak to your GP, hope you are feeling better soon. :hugs: please let us know how you get on with your GP.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 am

Hi starfish
I do get dizziness but dont blackout.
You should go back to let your gp know what is happening. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 am

Hi I go dizzy too but as the others have said get it checked out it might not be FM related :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby starfish29 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanx so much to all you lovely fibros for your advice and concern. :grouphug: I tend to over worry about things which doesn't help! I suffer from severe anxiety too and it's really bad just now. Does anyone know of good tips to make me relax? I,m permanently uptight! :wave:
starfish29
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Have you tried aromatherapy or/and gentle music??? sometimes just shutting down for a while will help :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you find something really quickly or your pain may flare badly :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby starfish29 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Quick update. Just found an interesting paragraph in one of my fibro books. It describes my symptoms exactly.
Trigger points in the clavicular portion of the sternocleidomastoid muscle system-the collarbone attachment-cause other symptoms besides pain. These include dizziness caused by movement and disturbed balance. Vertigo is not unusual,and when you turn your head suddenly,you can even black out. Extreme clumsiness and nausea are common.

That describes me to a tee! Maybe i'm not crazy afterall! On second thoughts,yes i am! :crazy: :lol: :tongueout:
starfish29
UKFM Newbie

Postby Alison01 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:48 am

I too suffer from vertigo and have had cat scans etc but nothing has been found (not even a brain) :lol: when I go to the gp about this he just gives me travel sickness tablets but sometimes they do not even work. I do not know any one else who suffers from FM to ask them if they get vertigo/dizziness, my hubby says I am just dizzy :lol: I used to be very decisive but now I dither. I HATE IT.

love alison
Alison01
UKFM Newbie

Postby justcoping » Sun May 22, 2011 12:07 pm

hi all, just read your post on dizz, my first sympton back in sept was a blackout! i was out in restaurant with new boyfriend having wonderful time (only 1 glass of wine had) when i just blacked out!

after weeks of tests and things, the pains started up my neck turned out to be the fibro in my neck and base of skull tightened so bad that it seems to stop flow of blood and oxy getting to brain (if there is one there lol) i found oestopath treatment really helps to loosen it all up and keeps dizzyness at bay

hope that helps

:wave:
justcoping
UKFM Member

Postby Aunty Al » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi, I'm new to all this, but the more I've been reading, the more I think I've probably had fibro for over a year. I get periods of extreme vertigo. My GP thought that they were due to Meniere's disease, and put the tinnitus down to that too. I now suspect that its all due to the FM. My vertigo lasts anything from a few hours to periods of up to 3 weeks. I was prescribed betahistine that seemed to be helpful for the first couple of times, but hasn't done anything since. For anyone who is unsure what I mean about vertigo, its like when you're a kid and get really drunk for the first time and the room spins and you feel like you have to hold on to the floor to stop it moving. I also get nausea and sometimes vomiting with it. I hadn't thought of trying travel sickness pills but now I've read it it makes sense and I'll give them a try next time.
Aunty Al
UKFM Member

Postby RickyPonting » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 am

HI,,,
Yeah,I have noticed that there of other people out there suffering from similar problem.For Dizziness, you can start by taking an Iron Supplement in the morning.Morning time is better but you can take it any time.I just recommend you to take Only half the recommended dose.
RickyPonting
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 am

We dont recommend taking any supplements unless you have checked with a health professional that things wont interfere with current meds
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems