Bloated

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bloated

Postby Jane stevens » Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi every hope your all having a good day today.
For the last few days I have been feeling realy bloated and feel I'm going to go pop. Does anyone else get this, iv not had any bread or pasta which normally cause this. :wave:
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Re: Bloated

Postby Claire Spong » Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 am

I used to get like that a lot and get lots of pain before I gave up wheat/gluten. Be aware that there is gluten in many other things besides bread, pasta and cake. Sausages, burgers, some fizzy drinks, gravy. The list is pretty endless! It was even in some strawberry bootlace sweets that I looked at once!
It's a nasty feeling. I used to feel that if I put a big pin in my belly it would pop like a balloon!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 am

hi jane
have you got IBS?
i do get like that when having a bad bout of it
i find the best thing that eases mine is porridge
sounds daft but if i have porridge every morning for about a week
it calms it :dunno: if it will help but worth a try :fingerscrossed:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Thu May 12, 2011 6:44 am

I get this to, I have IBS as well, thanks for the tip loubie, will try the porridge the next time.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 am

Hi
It could be IBS as it seems to be linked to fibro. It can come and go in stages, try to eat little and often during the flares. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jane stevens » Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

:wave: thanks everyone , I don't know if I have ibs as I have never told the doctor about this, as they sometimes look at me funny like oh another problem so I tend not to silly I know. Taking on board all that you have all said I will talk to them on my next visit, is there a test they can do for ibs?? My tummy is still bloated,lol I'm on a diet and I look like I'm 5 months pregnant. Not a great day for me today I hurt all over, my hubby pulled me out the bed this morning bless him, but iv not given in to this blasted pain, iv managed to wash up and sweep as the Hoover is not kind it takes it out on me. Hope your all having a better day x x x :coffee1: :flowers:
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Postby bekwey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Jane, I just want to tell you my experiences because I think I have learned a valuable lesson, mostly that all that seems to be, ain't necessarily so!
I have been living on Zantac with huge bloated stomach, IBS and a supposed wheat intolerance for a long tome. I had cancer treatment in 2007 and since then have not functionned well. Last year a rheumy diagnosed fibro. But I have been getting totally fed up with acid, diarrohea, bloat! I googled candida and saw that many of the symptoms are the same as fibro, including joint ache, fog etc!! A month ago I went onto a candida diet, and within 2 days my stomach started to setle! Since, my pain has eased, my fog is better and my eyes have got their sparkle back along with my energy levels! It may be coicidence - but!
Yesterday, however I had a very scarey day as I had a large bladder bleed - clots and all! I spent the day in hospital, and obvioulsy with my cancer history they are thorough! - however being a weekend, there was no urologist! The surgical registrar thinks that it may be because the bladder gets damaged with pelvic radiation and it has come away1 Now - my theory is that along with my increase in "wellness" I have started to starve the yeast and it gave way from the wall of the bladder taking some unstable, damaged bits with it!!
Candida infection is a terrible thing, but all too common! Have a go at a symptom checker and see how much adds up for you! The upside is that the diet is fantastically healthy and I have completley changed shape and lost 1/2 stone (probably toxins) as well!! - so can't do you any harm! Give it a go and see if your symptoms improve
:fingerscrossed:
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby bekwey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Oh - and by the way I have Shredded wheat with live yoghurt for breakfast with no bad effects - so much for having a wheat intolerance!!! :)
bekwey
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems