Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!

Postby paul-gd » Fri May 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Since being diagnosed with ‘Myofascial Pain Syndrome’ about three months ago, and then developing the lethargy and cold intolerance associated with Fibro, I have noticed an alarming change. I am gaining weight at a disturbing rate and the only thing I want to eat is chocolate. Just a few months ago I loved cheese, pasta, fish … now all I want is chocolate, cheap chocolate at that – none of the fancy stuff for me - not even fatty foods and crisps, just cheap milk chocolate. If you left me on my own all day, that is all I would eat, in fact that is exactly what I have done today as I knew my partner was not coming home for dinner!

I am on Mirtrazipine, Amitriptiline, Pregablin and other Opiate based painkillers and NSAIDs. I know it could be the drugs, also could be the syndrome? I need help before I start mainlining Cadburys ‘Wispa’, and my partner no longer recognises me!

Many thanks, Paul.
paul-gd
UKFM Newbie

Re: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 13, 2011 7:03 pm

If you were a female of the species, I bet one of the first questions you'd be asked is "are you pregnant?" with a craving that bad :yikes: :yikes:

Seriously tho, I'm not sure what to say :facepalm: :facepalm: I have desperate pangs for [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] but I think that's because I have to avoid it like the plague or it will floor me with a migraine :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

I suppose it could be as a result of a deficiency of some mineral/vitamin in your body :dunno: :dunno: Possibly something like magnesium as chocolate is rich in it and it's a relaxing mineral (I think) :?: :?:

Have you tried swapping the milk stuff for the darker stuff, with it being much more concentrated it might help sate the craving quicker and mean you're not eating quite as much of it.

I'm only guessing at what might be the reason for it, I suppose to find out the full reason behind why you're eating so much of it you're going to need the help of a medical type bod.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri May 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Have to agree with Flup, maybe you need to have some more bloods done cos although cravings can be funny one this intense isnt [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :nono: :nono: :nono: try :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 pm

i blaime teh moderators for putting the logo up
[chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]

excuse me whilst i go have a nibble [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]

i was perfectly sane until a few weeks ago now al i do is go out easter egg spotting to find reduced bargains left over. [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]

must get back to the booze :wine: :wine:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri May 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Hey dont be blaming the mods we're all perfectly sane :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun May 15, 2011 1:21 am

Good one denys :clap: , I thought i was :crazy: till i came on here, now am really :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :yikes: :tongueout: :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun May 15, 2011 9:14 pm

:clap: :clap: I blame the meds, when i was on gabapentin i could not stop eating [chocolate] :cake: :easteregg: [chocolate] :cake: :easteregg: [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :easteregg: [chocolate] [chocolate]

After a few months of stopping the Gabpentin the[chocolate] cravings have stopped but now my taste buds are all messed up and [chocolate] does not even taste like [chocolate] anymore :( :crazy: so now i dont fancy [chocolate] :clap: :clap: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems