taking on too much??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

taking on too much??

Postby nicola27 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Feeling fed up with myself. Being at home all the time and not having, or being able to do anything work wise is difficult to deal with. I set up a very small business just to earn a little exttra pocket money and also decided to do a home study course in book keeping to keep my brain going. To say I'm struggling would be putting it mildly. I dont seem to be able to retain any info (thanks fibro fog) and have to re-read several times. None of it seems to be making any sense. I'm really getting down on myself now as I know I should be able to do it (started doing similar course before fms and M.E) do I keep trying and beating myself when I cant get it or do I accept its not going to be possible. I know its a question only I can really answer but I'm not sure if I can admit defeat.
:( :( :( :(
nicola27
UKFM Member

Re: taking on too much??

Postby Hjp75 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Don't give up

xxx H xxx
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi
I find it very hard to take info in as well. :hugs:
Try not to beat yourself up over it as the stress can make you worse.

Try pacing yourself and just study for short period of times, set an alarm clock, write things down as you are taking it in more.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Is your home study course one that you can do at your own pace, or have you got to complete it within a set time to gain the quali?? Maybe seeing if you can have an extension on how long you've got to complete things is a possibility??

As for your business, I'm not sure what to suggest for that I'm afraid, and I'd imagine you're wanting to give the best possible service you can. Have you got anything local to you like a business advisor who might have some advice or suggestions of who you could speak to about being in business with an illness :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 14, 2011 5:55 pm

As has been said please dont give up, I too find it really difficult to take in information or to retain it so have to be told the same thing over and over but :fingerscrossed: you get your qualification and manage to move things along for yourself :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: with everything
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nicola27 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Thankyou all for your encouragement :) . Its nice to know that its not just me. I find it really difficult when I cant retain any of the info I'm trying to learn, its sooooo frustrating :?
The business side of things isnt too much of a problem, its quite an easy one. Its the memory side of things. :?

Thanks again
Nicola
nicola27
UKFM Member

Postby Jane stevens » Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 am

:flowers: hiya give your self a pat on the back at least your trying, please don't give up, take it easy have lots of 10 min breaks . You'll be fine x x x :goodluck1:
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems