Dry eyes & mouth?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dry eyes & mouth?

Postby countyfan » Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm

I've been given a tentative FM diagnosis by rhematologist but not confirmed.
However I did mention to her about how dry my eyes and mouth get. Have been prescribed eye ointment and artificial tears for that but I also have been getting so hot recently, that I have to leave the room and go and stand outside the house for a few minutes. I am concerned not to try and ascribe all my symptoms to possibly being due to the FM so wondered if anyone else suffers in this way?
I am 52 next week so it could be hot flushes due to the menopause but have been told by GP that my hormone levels arent post menopausal yet! :roll:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Re: Dry eyes & mouth?

Postby denys » Sat May 14, 2011 6:43 pm

You can become perimenopausal which can give the same symptoms :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: you could ask your GP if your blood tests showed this :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 14, 2011 8:51 pm

The dry mouth could be a possible side effect of amitriptyline, but not sure about the dry eyes tho :facepalm: :facepalm:

Like denys has said, the hot flushes/sweats could be due to being perimenopausal, or it could be the broken thermostat part of FM, which seems to affect an awful lot of us :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Sun May 15, 2011 1:13 am

Hi countyfan, i to get dry eyes, I use johnson baby shampoo, some look warm water in a cup and a little shampoo with a cotton bud and then i run it along the lashes, it works for ME, hope this helps you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby countyfan » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice.
Will get GP to test hormone levels again as it was at the previous practice that I had them done before. Your idea of the baby shampoo sounds worth a try Budda; I have an 8 month old grand daughter, so will nick a bit of hers to try it!

:lol:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems