Muscle spasm/pressure agrivating IBS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle spasm/pressure agrivating IBS

Postby armchair » Sat May 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi All,

This is my first UKFibromyalgia Forums post so please be gentle ;)

I had a diagnosis in 2007 of CFS/ME and have come a long way since that, however my condition in my opinion very much fits under the FMS banner now.

Anyhow of late I have had some instances of IBS which I haven't experienced in ages, it seems to be being triggered by muscle spams around the gut area in muscles that are closer to the surface of my skin (they go into mega spasm and feel like lumps when I press on them) in turn it seems to trigger IBS, I assume it may be pressure due to the spasm/swelling. I could be wrong it may be localised or more general muscle spasm that is also effecting the colon.

Has anyone experienced similar?
armchair
UKFM Newbie

Re: Muscle spasm/pressure agrivating IBS

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 14, 2011 9:51 pm

First of all, hello and :welcome: to the forum :wave:

I have IBS as well, but I can't ever recall experiencing anything like you've described with muscles closer to the surface :? With anything like that, that is new or something that has got worse, we always suggest that you have it checked out by your GP just to rule out any other possibles reasons for it.

Hope you find some of the info and advice on here helpful. If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

hi and welcome :wave:

yes i do get spasm sometimes and are very painful
i would say see GP as you can get meds for this
i have spasmonal, or buscopan is another
i am also going through bad IBS at the min :(
that also can be very painful

we just can't win, one thing eases off then another will flare up :yikes:

good to have you with us :wine:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Sun May 15, 2011 1:08 am

Hi armchair and :welcome: to the forum :wave: , i to have IBS and it can get very painful, but i dont get lumps close to the surface of my skin, if this is something new then you should go and speak to your GP, hope he can help you. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby armchair » Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 pm

thanks for the replies (and welcomes :) )

the flare up seems to have calmed down a fair bit now - probably will get to the docs at some point as the muscular side is definately annoying, it does seem like the muscles are in spasm at times which I suspect causes the 'bump' feel - the bumps do go away so I'm not too worried... Would be good to get the blood tests done again to see if there is any deficiency showing up (not raising my hopes though, it'll probably come back clear!!) ;)
armchair
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon May 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Armchair and :welcome: to the forum :fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems