RLS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RLS

Postby sue e » Sat May 21, 2011 7:33 am

I'm not diagnosed with Fibro but my doctor says he thinks I have it and I definitely think I have it but I've also got really bad Restless Leg Syndrome. I've had it for many years now but it's got much worse in the last 2 or 3 years. I get pain in my hips and lower back and when I stretch or move my back about as you do when you have backache :? iyswim, my leg jerks. I have another strange thing going on too and wondered if anyone else has it. When I have my eyebrows plucked or when the hairdresser pulls my hair (like when taking the foils out after highlights) my leg jerks. Sorry, think I'm having an off day, finding it hard to explain. I know this won't be the fibro but wondered if anyone else who has RLS has the same thing. I wondered if it was something to do with the messages being sent from my brain that causes my leg to jerk when I have eyebrows plucked. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Sorry if I haven't explained what I'm trying to say properly. I've just started taking Gabapentin and boy do they make me sleep at night, they're great :mrgreen:

Sue x
sue e
UKFM Member

Re: RLS

Postby shazq » Sat May 21, 2011 10:57 am

HI
I get rls when i am tired, mine twitch when i start to relax.

Feeling sleepy is a side effect of the Gabba`s that should wear off once your body adjusts to them, glad they are working for you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sue e » Sat May 21, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks, I actually want them to make me sleepy at night :lol: I've not slept this good for years. :clap:
It's the leg jerking when I have my eyebrows plucked that seems really weird to me, no-one else I've spoken to seems to have that. Oh well, it's just one of those :crazy: things lol.

Suex
sue e
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Like Shaz, my legs twitch and jump at night and really stops me sleeping
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sue e » Sat May 21, 2011 7:58 pm

So is RLS definitely linked with Fibro? I'm learning loads from this forum. :clap: I've got the underactive thyroid and the IBS and thought I had arthritis, probably have, and wondered why my elbows hurt on the insides and my arms below the elbow and my knees so maybe that's the fibro. There's so much to read and I haven't got time to sit and go through everything. :roll:

Thanks for your replies. I think I must have something wrong with me brain too that makes my legs jerk when having my hair pulled or eyebrows plucked. Very odd. :roll: :dunno:

Sue x
sue e
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Just so long as you dont kick anyone :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sue e » Sat May 21, 2011 8:26 pm

:lol: :lol: so long as no-one stands down by my legs.
sue e
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems