Shaking???

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shaking???

Postby emily73 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:51 am

Hi everyone

I hope you are all feeling ok this weekend.

I have just come back from a fantasic med cruise, while I was there I started to shake quite alot looks like Parkinson's so I am told.
Also my leg twitching has now gone throughout my body and is driving me mad. I was due to start new medication but am waiting to see my doctor before hand, is this normal???.
emily73
UKFM Member

Re: Shaking???

Postby Ldyalb » Sun May 22, 2011 9:28 am

I get the shakes, usually it feels like I'm shaking like crazy but it's not visible, sometimes it is in my hands, I can see my fingers sort of twitch, the worst times are when my little finger moves by about an inch. I've also been getting tingling nerve style pains... my GP upped by ami's and told me to discuss it with my Rheumy who I'm seeing again on Thursday.

I would see your GP, just make absolutely sure it's fibro and not something else. If possible maybe take someone with you who saw you moving to describe it? If not then ask those who did for a detailed description so you can give the GP a good idea of what it was like. Check your meds as well - could be a side effect?
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Emily I shake too and was given an MRI as to begin with the doctors suspected Parkinsons but it was decided eventually that it was FM related :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I've moved your post to here as its a more suitable forum for it and hopefully you will get more hits :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Joolz1968 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 am

Hi there
I get internal shaking . It feels as though I am shaking all over but it is not visable .. well sometimes my hands shake when I get this but it usually happens when I am under pressure ... or am in a rush .
One of my good friends said that internal shaking is part of under active thyroid disorder but had my thyroid checked and that is normal so I guess its just another one of the symtoms of Fibro :(
Joolz1968
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 am

hi emily73

I get the shakes too like parkinsons. A lot of the time its my hands and arms shaking which i find really really distressing at times cos there nothing i can do to control it. My partner doesn't like seeing it either, mostly cos if its my upper limbs shaking when i use my walking stick i have a fall. Not a graceful either i go down like a sack of ****. I'm up for any suggestions i'm def up for trying them. Hope your pain is within your manageble levels and that our coping generally. Hope to talk again lots of soft :hugs: x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Moonsmurf » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:44 am

I know how scary this can be. Before I was diagnosed with Fibro, I had been diagnosed with something called an non familia essential tremor, which is really a fancy term for 'you shake and damned if we dont know why!!' :lol:
Basically it manifests itself to look just like Parkinsons (which they originally thought it was), hands, arms, head, eyes wink (thats fun!), voice, can be all at the same time or one or a few, ya never know what you are going to get!!

I was a Graphic Designer, running a department and loved my job, noticed a weird jerk in my little finger, and at the time Michael J Fox had just been diagnosed, so like an idiot I buried my head in the sand!! Finally got to the neurologists, and after all the poking and tests and MRIs etc they came back with ET, and believe it or not the definitive test for it is......
GET FULL DRUNK and see if it stops!! If it does you have it, it not, its sinister!!! Cant really see my doctor giving me a script for alcohol!!

If i am really tired, stressed or dont remember meds at the right time, I look like someone with electrical current running through them!! It sucks that when anyone seems a tick or tremor, they either assume you had a skinful the night before or have a drug issue!!! The amount of time I have been asked is unbelieveable! When I was diagnosed with Fibro, they Doc said that most likely they missed it when I was diagnosed with the ET, as it seems to be part and parcel of fibro.

I know its no comfort to share with you that I to have it, but there are ways to disguise or reduce it, tips and tricks, not that I am saying you have to hide it. I always worry about other folks being uncomfortable, which I know I shouldnt, but hey !! lol

It is fun though when you are in a bar and dont realise you are winking at someone across a crowded room!! :shock: :oops:

Lanie :dogchasecat1:
Moonsmurf
UKFM Newbie

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:24 am

I too shake. At my worst I look like i'm having an epileptic fit. My doctor keeps saying its just anxiety, however i'm not convinced on that one just yet.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems