Can my fibro get worse

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can my fibro get worse

Postby Drenwin » Sun May 22, 2011 8:36 am

Hi everyone first time i've posted anything but thorght i would asks if anyone else has experance of this? i was diagnoses with Fibromyalga back in 2000, back then it was pain, IBS, tiredness, sweats, brainfog, and my mobility has been effected. but over the last two years it has slowly became worse,

I now get pains in my chest and at times my heartrate has been effected and i've been set off to hospital for test and my fibro head pain and migrains have caused stroke type symptioms, extream pain, fallen face on one side, numbness in my tounge. in both cases i had extensive test with the latter i had a MRI and a lumber puncher to drain spinal fluid only to be told they cant find anything and it must be the fibro, and a developing symptom and just get use to it as will most likely happen again.

Then i have just been dismissed as if ive been wasting there time, I have tryed discussing this with my own GP but just get an appointment can take days and has not stopped me or my partner worrying.And i still have no idea were it will go next or what these additional symptoms mean for my illness.

In addition to the above i now, get this fizzing sensation in my arms legs and fingers, the slightest bit of stress seems to make me realy ill quite quickly, and if i push myself to much, or hit that wall that is my limit, i begin yorning fell realy heavy and start stumbelin and have no choice but to sit or lye down.

And as i have three little ones pushing myself isn't realy in my hands, please let me know if anyone else has had this and what it mean for me and where my illness may go next love and light to you all Cherrir :(
Drenwin
UKFM Newbie

Re: Can my fibro get worse

Postby tonydin » Sun May 22, 2011 9:45 am

hi cherrie :welcome: to this fourm many others will be on soon to say the same , i was dx this year but we could be talkeing30 years of haveing it / but 10 years ago i started the c hest pains and like you they all looked at me funny c ause they found nothing.

also i some times get awfull face abd head pain but not fallen face , these come on in attakes months apart and every time i think its something else.
you will find many friends on here and most will have fealt and know exactley what you are feeling.
were will it go next , well i gusse you suffer with shoulders neck and back and leg pain as well , so that just about covers it not much else left if you know what i mean,
any way all on here are lovely people and and we all try to help , so please keep p[osting :wine: :flowers:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 am

Hello Cherry and :welcome: to the forum :wave:

It sounds as if you need to see a different GP at your surgery, one that is more helpful and understanding than your current one and have these new and worsening things checked out properly. You haven't mentioned anything about any meds you take, but it's also possible that youmight benefit from a review of what you're currently taking to make sure they're the most suitable ones for you.

The various things you've described could be due to FM, but with you saying they're getting worse and, plus with you saying you now get the fizzing sensation, it does sound as if they need looking into, just in case there is something else causing them/making things worse.

Altho FM is supposed to be non progressive, if you have a look thru what people have said on here, most of us have found things have got worse for us over time.

I know what it's like trying to bring up a little one when you don't feel good, my now not so little one (he's nearly 15 and taller than me now :facepalm: :facepalm: ) was 4 when I was told I had FM, so I'm guessing that you've got what I had tripled :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but they can still have happy times with mummy, you just need to find things you can do that doesn't leave you wiped out. With my son, we spent lots of time reading, doing little bits of silly painting and colouring that didn't need too much effort and other things. With the little ones, as tthey don't have too long a concentration span, I found it was the quality of what we did, even tho it was for a short time, that made the difference, rather than the length of time that made all the difference.

As for where your illness may go next, that's not an easy one to answer as it affects us all so differently. If you can find an understanding and helpful GP, and find the right mix of meds and doing things for you, you can get some control back from FM and have a life. It may take a while to find what's right for you, but it is possible.

If there's anything you want to know, just ask as there's a lot of advice and info on here and we try to help and support each other as best we can :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun May 22, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Cherry and :welcome: to the forum, theres not much more that I can add to Tony and Flups reply, sending you some gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: and if I were you I would definitely look at changing docs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun May 22, 2011 12:29 pm

hi cherrie
welcome to the forum
sorry you have had a very ruff time :(
but with fibro we never no what its going to throw
at us do we :yikes: :(

i hope your feeling a little better today :hugs:
good to have you with us :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Drenwin » Mon May 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your support and infomation, meds wise currently on Tremadol(pain), paracetamol(pain), nafapam(pain), desolupin(sleep+pain), statins(colestarol), Omnipossel(Gastro restrant) mini pill, have also been on deloxatin(bad side effects) and been perscibed Seratonin(thou against the ptc guildline,under specalist guildance) and peratin(itching)
So quite a range of meds, i'm also my own worst enermy as i'm determined to keep going and this has lead to me being seen as a insperation having taken my hobbie and become a recognised artist in my own right. sometime taking the bull by the horns and jumping in with both feet can leave you feeling like OK with hine sight maybe i should have taken things slower or not set myself as high a gole. and that i did this with a three year old and 18month old twins wasent my brightest idea.(if your on Facebook, im at Sacred Circles the Celtic art of Cherrie Ann Button)
but it mean i can raise fibro as an issue with people who may not of even heard of it.
Today my heads all over the place and the brain fog and constentration issues are flaring up badly as is my intolarance of bright light and the headpains back with avengance, whilst my partner is going on about how tired she is and all she wants to do is sleep. so i'm tring to be very tackfull having already taken the oldest to school and staged round tescos. so i appoligies if this is all a bit arratic.Love and light to you all Cherrie :dunno: :crazy: :crazy:
Drenwin
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

There's nothing wrong with setting yourself goals and striving to achieve them Cherrie, the only thing with FM is that it likes to lull you into a false sense of security by letting you carry on as if nothing is wrong for a while, but then it rears its ugly head and comes back to bite you in the bum, just as a gentle reminder so you don't forget it's still there :facepalm: :facepalm: We've all done something along the lines of what you're doing to prove, more to ourselves, that we an carry on. Unfortunately, when you've had a number of flares and come crashing back down, you do realise that it's not the best way to carry on :facepalm: :facepalm: It's after a number of these times when people start trying to listen to their body a bit more and find the right pace and way of doing things for them.

As for your head being all over the place, I'm there with you today :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I can just about remember my own name, but shuffling from one room to another and I'm forgetting where I'm going and the reason why I'm going there :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: Not particularly helpful when I'm trying to work out what we're going to eat for the next week and write the shopping list. So far I've realised I need some paper and a pen to make the list, but that's it :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Its true we all need to remember our limits and not push them. It is hard when you have a Job and family, and its only since i've been forced to leave work that i've actually realised how little I can do before I reach my bodies limit.

I have done alot of research into Fibromyalgia since I've been off work and there are lots of studies going on around the world into it. It would appear that its thought that fibro may now be hereditary and that it only rears its head when the body is subjected to an extreme either illness or injury etc. There is also a link with fibro to arthritis and to mental health problems. As far as the condition becoming worse it does seem to be happen but there is no evidence of this as yet in the medical fraternity.

I have fibro and so does my sister. My sister also has mental health problems and my mum has both oesteo and rheumatoid arthritis.

Hopefully as time goes on more will become known about the condition and therefore better meds will be developed.

So dont give up theres lots of help out there especially here on this site.

Good Luck :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Drenwin » Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks everyone, i felt like i ranted on last time i post just getting realy fed up with it all, saw my GP yesterday only to be told that she has me on the maximum amount of pain killers and that if the headpain dos'ent subside she will proscribe beta blockers, So i'm going to write to the specalist,
Other simptoms where just skated past and then inquire if i was drinking a lot or having to many cups of coffee, i didnt mean to be shirtie but ive been tea total since 2000, and coffee is one of those thing i'm highly intolarent to thanks to the fibro. add to that i've been a vegie for the past 25year, sometimes it just makes me wonder if they read there notes at all.
So currently feel like i'm left in limbo and thanks for liserning Cherrie
Drenwin
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems