Swollen Glands

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen Glands

Postby supersha » Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone, im new here and newly diagnosed with fibro, iv suffered with swollen lymph glands in my neck for about 6yrs now, they ache and make me feel so ill and tired, I had them removed in 2008 but iv now got new 1s to replace them, all my gp ever says is "Oh you must be coming down with a sore throat" but I never do, they never go fully away but some days arnt as bad as others, I know my gp is now going to blame them on the fibro and just wondered did anyone else have problems with there glands? My rheumatoligist said its not connected and to see my gp :? :dunno: xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Re: Swollen Glands

Postby shazq » Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi
I dont get problems with my glands but do get lots of sore throats, some days it feels like my throat is closing and its hard to swallow, my gp puts it down to fibro.
Have you another gp in your surgery who you could see?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby supersha » Wed May 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Shaz, yeah we do have other gps but the surgery doesnt allow you to make appointments, if you need to see a doctor you have to try and get through to the surgery at 8.30am then hope theres space left with a doctor, so you have to make do with which ever 1 can fit you in. Il try maybe ringing daily untill I get a nice doc lol :lol: thanks xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed May 25, 2011 5:18 pm

:goodluck1: it can be hard work getting past a gp who puts everything down to fibro. :roll: :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby supersha » Wed May 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Thank you, its nice to share things with people who understand, I thought I was going nuts for the last few years, anyway Thank you xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Postby Joolz1968 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:36 am

Hi there
I get pain in my neck and it involves pain in my glands and also the area of my thyroid .. it seems to be at the base of my throat and will quite often poke it there and try to grab my neck and move it from side to side .. I can feel the bones in my neck clicking from side to side to as I do this . I also get clicking in my throat when I have face pain but not when eating . The base of my skull also has pain and when I turn my head from left to right it sounds like cruching sound .
Does anyone else get this ?
Joolz1968
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 pm

:shock: Sorry no Joolz not heard of this one :shock:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue May 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi
No i dont get that either, if its new to you then its best to get your GP to take a look at it. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 pm

I have that problem with my glands 2. Feels like your body is trying to fight a virus all the time. Also i have the prob with swollening that i worry that i'm going to gag. Even swallowing a liquid is difficult. So your def not alone. Just seems that some syptoms that we can get have no rhyme or reason to them. I just tell my dr that i like to keep them on their toes :lol: :lol: I hope that our paths cross again x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems