[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - butrans patches

butrans patches

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: butrans patches

Postby tonydin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:05 pm

just keep away from herion addicts
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 pm

lol tony...
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Well one week down,im impressed i remembered to change the patch :lol: ...so far i feel they have taken the edge of the pain,im only on the lowest dose at the minute,im talking to the doc on friday,if im happy to continue she is willing toincrease the dose....now the side effects....they are making me a little sleepy which isnt a problem.....im sleeping 6 hours a night.... :yikes: ,and i have a couple of tiny blisters when i took the plaster off,ive given it a good wipe with a plaster adhesive remover and but some vaseline on the site as recommended by the pharmisct....otherwise im happy so im going to continue at the minute..... :fingerscrossed:

:cat2: x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Cat :wave:

I used to be on the patches but had to come off them due to them causing me itching and blisters, also found your body gets used to the dose and you have to increase the patches, i used to wear 2 patches. Did find they were good and helped with my pain. :goodluck1: on them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:18 pm

:fingerscrossed: Cat hope they continue to help you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Hope they carry on making a difference for you :cat2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mrs Hobble » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi - I was on Butrans and they worked extremely well. Unfortunately I started to get a nasty, itchy rash around the site of the sticky plaster. I ignored this and carried on using them and ended up with a severe burn from the plaster. The Chronic Pain Clinic lady said that it was a nasty reaction and suggested I change to Fentanyl. I did and it is great. The 'plasters' are far smaller and stick much better. The only disadvantage is that they have to be changed every 3 days but you do get used to the new routine.

Hope you get sorted.

8-)
Mrs Hobble
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jue010971 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 am

I Use tegaderm film over my patch so that I don't have no issues off it coming off
Jue010971
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication