[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Amitriptyline - sleep

Amitriptyline - sleep

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Amitriptyline - sleep

Postby Niblet » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:34 pm

I started on 10mg Amitriptylline a few weeks ago. It really helped me sleep but did nothing for the pain. I have now increased to 25mg but it seems to have the opposite effect now and I can't sleep well at all. Has anyone else found this? The Pain Clinic started me on it. Interestingly they said that the latest research is that 25mg is the recommended dose for fibro pain and if that doesn't work then no point going to a higher dosage as it won't work.
Niblet
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi
It can take up to 4 weeks for the Ami to kick in, you will find that after a short time you do become used to them and will have to increase the dose.
I have been up to 100mg but on 75mg now. They also help with pain and depression as well as sleep, they are a common med used for fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby coltaz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

i was on amytriptyline for a few months and suffered the groggy hangover in the morning but when i mentioned this to my gp he switched me to nortryptiline. apparently this works the same way but has less side effects. And its worked. There is still a bit of grogginess but not as much as before.
coltaz
UKFM Newbie

Postby mhr77 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi i started off on 10mg of Amitriptiline and now on 30mg i dont seem to be feeling any better what so ever just feel groggy in the mornings but the pain still feels the same. I have been on it now for 4 months and i thought i would be getting some relief by now... Can anybody help??? Thanks
mhr77
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication