[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Duloxetine - what are your experiences?

Duloxetine - what are your experiences?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Duloxetine - what are your experiences?

Postby pogster » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi all,

I've been to GP today and he has changed my Citalopram to Duloxetine.

Can anyone tell me their experiences of taking this drug such as how soon they help and side effects?

Thanks.
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Re: Duloxetine - what are your experiences?

Postby Niblet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi, I tried duloxetine but it made me feel really sick and had undesired sexual side effects so I stopped taking it. Am trying Amitriptylline now. Hope it works for you though.
Niblet
UKFM Member

Postby lindaloola » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:48 pm

it can make you feel a bit sick,I lost a lot of weught first time I took it (bonus :D )
When I first took it I thought it was a mircle drug but its effects wear off after time.
I believe it to be far superior than citaloprm tho.
I also take amyrtipyline at night. hope its good for you. :fingerscrossed:
lindaloola
UKFM Member

Postby RainDog » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:11 am

I have been taking Duloxetine for six weeks now.

Side effects I have had - feeling sick for first three or four days. Yawing for first few days! Headaches for first three weeks. Loss of appetite leading to slight weight loss (still have this).

Benefits I have found - about 25% less pain, raised energy and mood.

Not helped with sleep.

After the first week I thought this drug was fantastic however I think the effects may be starting to wear off already – the past week my pain seems to be returning to what it was before taking it and my energy levels seemed to have dropped too.

The side effects seem to differ from person to person and the leaflet that comes with them has a huge list of possible side effects. Hopefully you won’t suffer much from any side effects and they will pass quickly. Hope it works for you.
RainDog
UKFM Newbie

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi :wave: Hi I have just started duloxetine last thursday.I was on amitripyline but did not help much.I take gabapentin in day and one at night.Have not felt any benefit yet,wakes me up early,and still getting spasms in day.Its only early days yet,as know have to get tablet in system for at least a month.It has stopped my bloating a bit and made me feel a little brighter.Hope helps a bit kar :fingerscrossed:
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 pm

I took one tablet & spent a horrible night with violent diarrhoea and vomiting - nasty.
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby Crazygirl » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am

I was prescribed duloxetine last Friday. I started taking it in the morning but felt very drowsy so tried taking it at night. Neither way do I sleep well at all. I'm going to keep taking it for at least another week in the hope that things will settle down. If not I'll be back to the docs, although I think she is losing patience with me as we've tried all the others!
Crazygirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Anti~d's can take up to 4 weeks to fully get into your system and take effect. If you can keep on them, as well as side effects easing, you will hopefully feel some benefits :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi
The side affects can last up to a couple of weeks, i was feeling spaced out and dizzy.
I found taking them at bed time was better for me as slept of most of the side affects. They can take up to 4 weeks to fully kick into your system like flup said.
:goodluck1: on them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication