[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Mirtazapine

Mirtazapine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Mirtazapine

Postby melaniep » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi

this was my 3rd anti depressant given to me because of fibro i was constantly hungry and put on 10lbs in 1 month i came off it after that as i would have ballooned i am noratripalene now 10mg
melaniep
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 pm

:goodluck1: on this one. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tentimes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:53 pm

I have heard patients complain about nightmares and I had one client who wept uncontrollably on it - it really didn't suit him. Then again, I had a friend take it and swear by it once. It seems to be a night time med if I think.
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm

I have been on mirtazapine for 5 years now and it is the best anti depressant i have ever taken and i have been on a few. I also take Citalopram for anxiety. I am on mirtazapine for depression though and not fm. I started on 45mg and 6 months ago i cut down to 30mg. My psychiatrist wants to cut me down further in a couple of months to 15mg and then stop. The reason being is that it puts alot of weight on you and that in itself makes you depressed. Finally i take it at teatime because it gives you an appetite. The lower the dose the more sleepinducing it is. Good luck. x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby xl5 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm

I was prescribed this 4 years go and they sent me off the planet. I only stuck them out for 10 days as I was getting panic attacks cos they made me so 'speedy' I felt out of control. I was really frightened. Bit I know some people think it a good drug - so yet again its a case of trial and error to see what works for you. I was switched to Venlafaxine which has kept me relatively stable , in combo with low dose amitrip and gabapentin for nerve pain. Best of luck!
xl5
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication